Hacking Save Data Issue....help plz

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Im running 3.2u with hbc and gamma loader. I started installing wiiware today using wads, installed too many and had the wii tell me that I needed to fix the data storage problem. I started to move some save files from my wii to my sd card. One file was 2 blocks and took like 10 minutes to delete. After ten minutes I shut down the wii(this is probably the mistake). When I start the wii back up I start moving channels from my wii to my sd card, after moving 3 channels I have enough room on my wii so It isn't telling me to fix it any more. One thing I noticed in my wii channels area is that I have one channel that is 14 blocks and has a "?" as the picture. I have no idea what this is or what it could be, all the wads I installed Installed correctly and the channels were installed correctly as well. *Note* This isn't my problem but any input is appreciated.

The Big problem I am having is when I go to my save data on the wii nothing loads. There are no save icons under the wii tab, i cannot click the sd tab nor can I go back using the back button at the bottom. Its almost like the wii freezes on this page. I can use the home button and then click wii menu, but when I do that I get a black screen and have to power my wii down by holding the button for 5 seconds. Everything else still appears to be okay, but its a bit of a problem that my save data wont load at all so I cant manage any of my save, I can still manage my channels though.

Any help is much appreciated,
Fildy

HrmlssMrv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has your Wii been overheating or freezing? I had the same problem with a wiiware game and I think it has something to do with the flash drive being corrupt.

If you know what file you were deleting when you shut it off you can try to put it back on and that should fix the problem. The data is still there, it will write it back to the same place and everything should work fine, you'll just have to leave that file on the Wii.

axe97

Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
im thinking your save data is corrupt.
a wii system format might do it, but thats know to brick and mess up homebrewed wiis
i wouldnt do that unless someone confirms its ok or someone knows a fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: