Gaming save data/game problems

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I decided to buy pokemon shapire. Sadly my 8 didn't have enough space. So like last time I needed a bigger memory card for fire emblem when it came out, I simply copied my memory card's contents to the disktop and then copied those to the bigger memory card. Once done, I deleted the old memory card cause I needed it for my tablet and deleted the copies from my desk top.

Now last time I did this my saves where left completely intact. I didn't even need to redownload the games. But this time, zero of my games saved data works and the games needed to be redownloaded. I have to start every game over and it made me redownload them. Fire Emblem, Bravery default and animal crossing, new super mario bros 2 ect.

What I want to know is why this has happened. I didn't need to do any special the last time I switch memory cards. Did Nintendo start some how locking save data with one of the post fire emblem 3DS updates? Fire Emblem I was working on a second play through and Bravery Defaults I was only a 3rd of the way through the main story. Losing the others games isn't a big deal to me, but losing those two really pisses me. And it is sooooo strange, their old save data is still clearly on the memory card, even the games original data is there. So their now taking up double the amount of blocks!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind I figured it out and got all my data back! I had to delete a folded I had created with gameboy and gameboy color games on it. It was a folder from my tablet!

After doing some googling: Apparently if you have an extra folders not created with the 3ds on the memory card, the 3ds will not read your old data. Something so stupid n simple fix.

EDIT: deleting the double folder was easy too. Only one folder had all my extra game data, that was my original content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-