Hacking save data from omega ruby not compatible with this version

Gudmundurson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 64gb SD card became read only and because of that if i try to load up the game it gives me a message "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used. Refer to the electronic manual for details. Ver. 1.4" i have not done any hacking, modding, or save data transfers. I talked with sandisk and it is a security feature that activates when the card thinks it was tampered with. I've never removed it from the console since it was in there. I truly got screwed on this one and did nothing wrong. I'm doing research myself to try and find a way to get my save data accessible and transfer my pokemon to the official bank, if i need to restart my gameplay that is fine but i want my pokemon that are in the save data. Currently the only possible hope i've found online is using a homebrew modded 3ds to access the save. im concerned if i homebrew my 3ds or another one that i wont be able to get my pokemon into the official bank. If anyone can help with this i would be greatly appreciative. I should mention the only thing i have tried so far is transferring the data to another sd card and inserting that. when doing so everything works (other games) except for omega ruby save. thanks again to anyone willing to hear my dilemma, and all the thanks to any help. :((

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So my 64gb SD card became read only and because of that if i try to load up the game it gives me a message "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used. Refer to the electronic manual for details. Ver. 1.4" i have not done any hacking, modding, or save data transfers. I talked with sandisk and it is a security feature that activates when the card thinks it was tampered with. I've never removed it from the console since it was in there. I truly got screwed on this one and did nothing wrong. I'm doing research myself to try and find a way to get my save data accessible and transfer my pokemon to the official bank, if i need to restart my gameplay that is fine but i want my pokemon that are in the save data. Currently the only possible hope i've found online is using a homebrew modded 3ds to access the save. im concerned if i homebrew my 3ds or another one that i wont be able to get my pokemon into the official bank. If anyone can help with this i would be greatly appreciative. I should mention the only thing i have tried so far is transferring the data to another sd card and inserting that. when doing so everything works (other games) except for omega ruby save. thanks again to anyone willing to hear my dilemma, and all the thanks to any help. :((
Sounds like this tripped the beloved anti-feature: Anti Savegame Restore. When starting a game using that feature the 3DS verifies that "Secure Value" on NAND fits to the save version.
I guess on starting the game something gets written directly → Secure Value changes. Since the SD went read-only the change was never written to SD… but the NAND does contain another value → BOOM!

Sounds like time for https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Deleting the secure value with FBI should make the game accepting the save once again. The custom firmware installation does not interfere with online features such as Pokemon Bank. This will continue to work.

With an ntrboot cart starting FBI (or GodMode9) is possible without permanent CFW installation. Since the save is encrypted it is not (easily) possible to use another console for this.
============

Incidents like this one are a strong argument for CFW and having full control over our devices. SDs can fail for no reason. A console can be dropped onto concrete or get stolen. Important data needs to be backed up and Nintendo makes this impossible for some titles under the cloak of cheat prevention (and the internal backup function for titles allowing backup is still tied to a single console).

Please use Checkpoint and/or JKSM for backing up important save data from time to time and store it on multiple storage media.
============

Good luck and have fun!

Gudmundurson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the quick response, just a few questions to clarify; if i do a CFW on an alternate 3DS i would be able to either A:) upload the data to pokemon bank without any risk of my account getting banned? or B:) trade them to another console and upload to the bank?

my primary concern is staying within regulations, i've modded nintendo games in the past but i play this one with a friend in another state and we are staying by the rules for this run.

if i cant use another console and i do this on my own; could you explain ntrboot a little more or provide a link? a quick search did not give me much. more importantly though if i do this to my console i can undo it and there wont be any reprocussions?

thanks again for the quick reply, always fun recovering data XD

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using a different console is more work. I won't cover this for now.

My recommendation is simply installing CFW by following the guide from the beginning to the end -- and keeping the console like that. With Checkpoint and/or JKSM backing up saves is an easy task -- so is restoring even in case your console gets stolen/lost/destroyed (keep the files in multiple locations)

There haven't been ban reports in the last few years. If you don't cheat online (like trying to trade Pokemon with impossible stats) it is almost impossible to get banned on the 3DS.
=====================

That said, these are my ideas to get temporary access to CFW tools in order to get the save working again:

Ntrboot to silence anti savegame restore without any traces:

Possibility A:
Needed file list:
  • SD:/boot.firm (Luma3DS)
  • SD:/boot.3dsx (Homebrew Launcher)
  • SD:/3ds/FBI.3dsx
Possibility B:
  • Prepare ntrboot cart like in A:
  • Have GodMod9.firm renamed to boot.firm in the root of your SD
  • Perform ntrboot like in A:
    • If you want absolutely not traces whatsoever answer the question about embedded backup with "No" when GodMode9 starts.
  • Delete the file 1:/data/<Your long ID0 number>/sysdata/00010011/00000000 (hope I got this right)
Without an ntrboot cart:
The absolute minimum...
  • Use the Seedminer Path of the guide.
  • Don't do the finalizing part.
    • Only start FBI with Rosalina Injection (see A: above)
---- or ----

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
If you have an Action Replay DS (NOT the DSi variant, since there are 2 revisions, and only the first one works with ntrboot, and is extremely rare), you can flash the ntrboot payload on it. There are guides online. This is the easiest way, since a lot of people (maybe even your local flea market) already have an ARDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night