sstomouth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the new Sakura, formatted my card, and now every game I go the play has the "Save Data File Format Error"!

Someone help me, I'm so confused.

I'm about to cry, I think I killed my card.

Yohko86

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
yohko86smuzak.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...it seems to me that your game save (or saves) is corrupted, if hot the Rom itself. I don't think the problem's your card.

That happened to me with one of my games once before. What I had to do was delete the ROM itself, then delete all the files associated with the ROM (.sav, .is0/1/2, .opt, .bkm), then download a new, clean ROM, then change the ROM's number (in my case, it was from 0731 to 0732). When I loaded the game, it created new, clean save files and loaded fine as it did before.

Of course, this will result in lost save data.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm suffering the same problem, but it happens only when I place a new game in my M3Real. The older games work fine (as in the ones I had prior to updating).

Either way, I tried switching ROMs, using clean, hacked, and trimmed, and it always gives me this error. I also tried deleting the "corrupted" files accompanying the game, and nothing.

Any tips would be welcome.

sstomouth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out the problem.

GET RID OF SAKURA

I did this and replaced it with the new Touchpod.

It now works, except that the firmware itself it really slow.

I can put up with it, since games don't lag.

Make sure you put a system file on that ONLY has Touchpod, and your problem will be solved.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help, but it didn't work. It still gave me the same error. I'll try reformatting my SD card, and see what good it does.

EDIT: Alright, so I got it to work, somewhat. It seems the problem is in creating new SAV files. So what I did was that I formatted my card, set-up so that only Touchpod would work, and started the games I wanted in (KHDS, and PokeBlack). The files were created. I went ahead and reinstalled Sakura, and the games started up fine.

Alternitavely, you could use an emu to create a SAV patch alongside your game, and transfer it onto the card afterwards. I haven't tried this (at school,no DS Emu handy), but it seems like it would work if the SAV file is the only issue here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021