Hacking Save data corrupted

NeverEden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played FF12: Revenant Wings for the 1st time on my acekard (clean dump, no trimming whatever that is), saved, went back to continue and in the game's continue screen, it said the data save was corrupted and then deleted it. I thought it was a one-time incident, so I a started a new game, saved asap, but I still got the same problem... did this for several times, hoping the first few were flukes.

I was using AKAIO 1.4.1 on an Acekard v2.1 on my DS Lite. After several attempts of isolating the problem (from formatting the card to using a new rom dump), I finally figured it was AKAOI itself that was the problem.

The sava data didn't corrupt on Acekard's official firmware, but it did for AKAIO. I was wondering if there's any fix for this? If not, what are the procedures in submitting a bug report?

I preferred AKAIO over the official since it run faster. And yes, I did use the search function, there is no topic that relates to my problem as far as I searched. The problems that currently saturated this forum is loading problem, which I do not have, and for Acekard 2i which I do not own for a DSi which I do not own either.

Save data for other games beside FF12:RW are working fine for both firmwares. The problem is isolated towards FF12:RW on AKAIO 1.4.1. and no I was not using cheat codes during these attempts.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hold down A when starting the rom will change the mode or just use the official loader with AKAIO settings
known issue with the game with rma

NeverEden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three questions:

What is RMA? What is a/the official loader with AKAIO settings? Doesn't the proper AKAIO zip download have that already? The rom will change mode, what does that mean exactly?

Okay, so more than 3 questions but I am ignorant, please educate me. ^^"

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NeverEden said:
Three questions:

What is RMA? What is a/the official loader with AKAIO settings? Doesn't the proper AKAIO zip download have that already? The rom will change mode, what does that mean exactly?

Okay, so more than 3 questions but I am ignorant, please educate me. ^^"

I think he means DMA (Direct Memory Access). Holding down A changes the access method and may fix your problem. AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper includes an out of date loader, you have to download the latest and update it yourself.

Also, read the Wiki and educate yourself before asking any questions. People here don't like lazy people. Just a warning.
lecture.gif

NeverEden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think I was being that lazy. I did try forum-searching after all. And I did looked at the wiki before (way before I even I downloaded AKAIO, I'm a person who actually read the manuals, tyvm), I just didn't see anything that pertained to my problem. Or at least didn't understand my corrupted save data problem was a problem of this DMA-thing, which I am still unclear of. It's hard understanding all those jargon, and I still don't get what DMA (though ty for telling me what it stands for) and loader exactly are even after I reread the AKAIO wiki.

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/
Which loader do I download? I know it's not AKRPG loader since I don't own AKRPG, but I can't decide between AK2/AK2i loader or the AK+ loader. Is AK+ stands for Acekard 1 or what?

Nothing in the wiki explained the difference between DMA mode and DMA-quicksave mode. As far as I know DMA is just something that "enhances performance in many games." There are compatibility issues: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...M_Compatibility . And this is another reason I didn't think my problem was directed to this because FF12:RW isn't listed on there. How do you know a game needs to run on DMA-mode? Is there something in the beginning credit of the game that tells so? Or do you just know when you save and your save data gets corrupted?

Another point, assuming I download and patch the right loader, I no longer need to hold down A to run my game and save normally right? Or does the loader just allow me to do this holding down A thing?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok lets see if we can fix this. try to save the game and see if the problem persists after trying each of these methods.

1) Update your loaders by going to AKAIO Loaders. Download and extract the latest AK2/AK2i loaders and place them in your __aio/loaders folder.

2) If that doesn't work, lets try the Official Loader since you said it worked. Download the latest Official Firmware from the Acekard Site and take the ak4menu.nds and place it in your __aio/ak2loader folder. Go to your FF12 ROM and hit Y twice. Go down to AK2 Loader and switch it to the Official Loader. That should fix all problems.

~ Jon

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updating loaders can help with many things such as booting a ROM or booting the card itself. Most flashcard team update their entire firmware when they have game fixes. AKAIO just updates their loaders cuz that's all they have to update.

Two Types of Loaders:

1) Loader in the root of the MicroSD which boots the Acekard itself
2) Loader in the __aio/loaders or __aio/ak2loader which boots up ROMs

AKAIO updates their loaders which boot the game to fix games which have problems. Usually these updates are unannounced so use the Wifi Update feature weekly for updates. By using the symptoms you describe, we can pin it down to which one of the loaders is causing the problems.

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...