Save backups

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by zapoqx, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

Save backups by zapoqx at 9:25 AM (989 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. zapoqx
    OP

Newcomer zapoqx Advanced Member

United States
    So I want to know if there is a tool that would just find all .sav files and back them up. That includes .sav files in subfolders. I mean, I know I could just go into each folder and I suppose change it by file type and back those up that way, but I want to know if there is an easier alternative that also compares the files on last modified as well.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    As far as I know there's no way to do it automatically. Try seeing if some of the more popular rom managers have that feature.

You could probably also write an advance batch file to do it as well.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In the windows folder settings, UNcheck "hide extensions for known types".
    Then go to search, and search for "*.sav", and view as a list of details, and click the proper column to sort by date.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I have a batch file on filetrip, insert you MicroSD card and run. It will backup *.sav to 'My Documents\DS-Saves\[Date]\[Time]' or to a 'Backup' directory on your MicroSD card. The 'backup' folder itself will be excluded when it backs up.

http://filetrip.net/f11163-AKAIO-Wood-R4-S...anager-1-3.html

Let me know if it works for you.

5. zapoqx
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot and report back.
    EDIT: can't seem to download it. It comes up as a .download file and when renamed, it won't open and my anti virus flips out on it.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's wierd, someone else said they get a .download file aswell, yet every time I download it from filetrip I get 11163-SaveManager.exe. It's been really puzzling me.

All i've done is converted a batch file I wrote into an exe, as if you link to a batch file on here it displays the contents as text instead of running it. There's also someone on here who may rip the batch file off. I've noticed the images from my guide have appeared on other sites, and in one case they watermarked them as their own, hence why it's an exe.

I have Kaspersky, and it says the file is clean. I expect FileTrip also scanned it for viruses when I uploaded it too.

Try this link http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/SaveManager.exe if that works then it's an issue with FileTrip.

If that still doesn't work try a zipped copy http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/SaveManager.zip perhaps your AV doesn't like you downloading an EXE file.

If that still doesn't work, I guess I could up the batch file.

edit: after doing a google, Google Chrome download manager gives the .download extension to incomplete download file. When the download is finished, download manager renames file with original file extension.

Quite a few sites also say Firefox also uses .download, but I believe it uses .part instead although in the same fashion.

7. zapoqx
    OP

United States
    this time, I was able to download it through your new links (so I guess it was a filetrip issue).
    When I had the AV thing come up when I downloaded it through filetrip... it called the virus a "download" type. Not a trojan... not a malware... a "download" type.
    I'll be updating my card anyways cause of new Wood update so at the same time, I guess I'll try the microsd save thing.

8. zapoqx
    OP

United States
    back. Uh, I can't get it to work. It doesn't detect my USB Microsd reader card as a MicroSD card.
    Thanks for the info about the download thing (though that is weird because when saving, it wanted to save as .download in the firstplace as opposed to a file format).