*.sav to *gba.sav

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Chisai, May 24, 2012.

May 24, 2012

*.sav to *gba.sav by Chisai at 6:14 PM (714 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Chisai
    OP

Newcomer Chisai Newbie

Poland
    I want use my saves from vba (*.sav) on my nds (where I need *gba.sav) and vice versa - is there any converter? I've not found anyone :(

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Just rename them? :P

They should work.

What flashcard have you got? Can't really remember of any with the gba.sav extension, at least in years...

3. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    There are ways of doing that. The only one I got working years ago, was a method of commandline copying itself a save to double its filesize. ie 128KB eeprom VBA save into a 256KB raw eeprom.

found it!

Code:
    copy /b savefile1.sav+savefile1.sav newsavefile.sav
    Then you put newsavefile.sav on the flashcard, run game, let it detect savefile, then save again.

4. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Usually, the card's firmware should just read the save data itself. That means that the flashcard would just skip over the duplicate data, ergo, just renaming it should suffice :unsure:

My SuperCard miniSD reads my VBA saves fine, and my GBA flashcards (EFA and EZ-IV) do that as well.

5. Chisai
    OP

Newcomer Chisai Newbie

Poland
    Renaming doesn't work - when I've renamed my Pkmn Emerald save, there was info about error after loading screen.

I have r4 with 3in1. I've used gba exp, but I can also run roms directly from flashcard and it's easier and faster, but I need *gba.sav :/

6. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Uhh that is, sometimes. Sometimes saves are hardcoded along a specific ROM (by flashcart maker), so clients handle them. Some emulators use just the bits required by the actual savefile, but flashcarts reads save data as "is". Most of save data "as is" it's just doubled the original savefile size (untrimmed)

ehh, I don't remember 3in1 using gba.sav filenames. But just .sav. Also, why don't you use the latest GBAExploader tool by rudolph? It worked flawlessly with nearly every GBA game I threw

7. raystriker

Member raystriker Computer Hardware Enthusiast

India
    Which flashcart do you have?