Hardware *.sav to *gba.sav

Chisai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want use my saves from vba (*.sav) on my nds (where I need *gba.sav) and vice versa - is there any converter? I've not found anyone :(

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just rename them? :P

They should work.

What flashcard have you got? Can't really remember of any with the gba.sav extension, at least in years...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There are ways of doing that. The only one I got working years ago, was a method of commandline copying itself a save to double its filesize. ie 128KB eeprom VBA save into a 256KB raw eeprom.

found it!

Code:
copy /b savefile1.sav+savefile1.sav newsavefile.sav

Then you put newsavefile.sav on the flashcard, run game, let it detect savefile, then save again.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are ways of doing that. The only one I got working years ago, was a method of commandline copying itself a save to double its filesize. ie 128KB eeprom VBA save into a 256KB raw eeprom.

found it!

Code:

Then you put newsavefile.sav on the flashcard, run game, let it detect savefile, then save again.
Usually, the card's firmware should just read the save data itself. That means that the flashcard would just skip over the duplicate data, ergo, just renaming it should suffice :unsure:

My SuperCard miniSD reads my VBA saves fine, and my GBA flashcards (EFA and EZ-IV) do that as well.

Chisai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Renaming doesn't work - when I've renamed my Pkmn Emerald save, there was info about error after loading screen.

I have r4 with 3in1. I've used gba exp, but I can also run roms directly from flashcard and it's easier and faster, but I need *gba.sav :/

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

found it!

Code:

Usually, the card's firmware should just read the save data itself. That means that the flashcard would just skip over the duplicate data, ergo, just renaming it should suffice :unsure:

My SuperCard miniSD reads my VBA saves fine, and my GBA flashcards (EFA and EZ-IV) do that as well.

Uhh that is, sometimes. Sometimes saves are hardcoded along a specific ROM (by flashcart maker), so clients handle them. Some emulators use just the bits required by the actual savefile, but flashcarts reads save data as "is". Most of save data "as is" it's just doubled the original savefile size (untrimmed)

Renaming doesn't work - when I've renamed my Pkmn Emerald save, there was info about error after loading screen.

I have r4 with 3in1. I've used gba exp, but I can also run roms directly from flashcard and it's easier and faster, but I need *gba.sav :/

ehh, I don't remember 3in1 using gba.sav filenames. But just .sav. Also, why don't you use the latest GBAExploader tool by rudolph? It worked flawlessly with nearly every GBA game I threw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night