.sav files on AK2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kingfield, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009

.sav files on AK2i by Kingfield at 12:35 PM (1,015 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Kingfield
    OP

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I read that the AK2i can use .sav files or .nds.sav files (which i assume is the same except just named differently?)

I'm not sure, and i forgot where I saw this, I scanned through the AKAIO gbatemp wiki page but couldnt find anything.

Well the point is I wanna know if i can transfer my save files directly from my old ass R4 straight into the AK2i Without conversion, any help/info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Kingfield.

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i am not sure on the .sav and .nds.sav

but YES you can use your r4 .sav on ak2i
    and it should not be any problem
    i have been messing with saves from various flash card to here and there [​IMG] so far so good

just make sure the game name and the save name is the same

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    What elixirdream told you is true, you can use R4 saves as long as the nds name matches the sav name.

Now for the .sav & .nds.sav names, AKAIO has a function to set its sav type to .nds.sav because the Acekard FW was formatted like that. So members switching ftom Acekard to AKAIO can don't have to rename all of their saves. There is no difference between the two save types except their name.

To switch save types in AKAIO, Start --> System Option --> Tap R twice --> Sav Ext.

~Jon

4. Kingfield
    OP

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Thanks a bunch, It was a bit confusing, now that's sorted out.

The .savs being closer to raw saves was 20% of the reason of me getting AK2i over waiting for M3i Real.

(5% of the reason was cuz i didnt wanna wait as well).

The other 75% is because AKAIO seems to have a really good team and active support and fixes [​IMG])