Hacking .sav files not working on EZ-Flash IV Linker

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I've been trying to use my old .sav flies on my EZ-Flash IV Linker, but the games aren't picking them up. I have notced that the EZ-Flash IV saves the games straight to the roms, there are no separate save flies... why is that? Thanks

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My miniSD has no save files on at at all, yet the games still have save files, so where exactly are they hiding?

Thanks for the reply
smile.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There should be a folder with the name saver in the root.

In the EZ-Flash IV settings you need to change the settings to automatic or you will have to manually save your save data to file.

4th icon down is settings, then the 2nd menu option is for saving options. Then you have to pick automatic from the little popup window.

Sometimes the EZ-Flash IV is picky with what miniSD you got. Depending on what game you are trying to run, you might have to make a save file for the game with VBA.

You can also use the EZ-Flash IV client program to make all the needed stuff on the miniSD.

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, that helped a bit. The problem now is that the save files in the saver folder don't work, it's filled with lots of strange save files, and it says each is 0kb in size. For example there are like 7 different Golden Sun Saves... Could this be a problem with the firmware I'm using on my EZ-flash? What is the best and latest firmware for the Ezflash 4?

Thanks for all the help =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1