.SAV files don't work on AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JDMEVOIXMR, Oct 4, 2008.

Oct 4, 2008
  1. JDMEVOIXMR
    OP

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I previously had an M3 Real and I had a CycloDS before I purchased an acekard2. But the .sav files I had from those previous flash carts won't work, it won't load my save file. Help? Shouldn't all .sav files be the same? [​IMG]

I'm hella not going to play Pokemon Pearl through again and my Pokemon from my actual Pokemon Pearl cart are on that .sav file...

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I'm not sure if it was fixed officially yet, but I think the saves had to have .nds.sav, not just .sav, at the end, unless you are using like AKAIO(or some custom thing that fixed it) I think.

3. JDMEVOIXMR
    OP

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks! I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I did search, and found nothing. I'm using Bliss' firmware. If I switch to AKAIO will this be fixed, is it recommended I switch to AKAIO?

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Apparently Bliss' firmware also fixes it I think, but Bliss stopped his firmware I believe, so it might be better off if you did go to AKAIO. I am not sure about the differences though, but since AKAIO is still supported, it seems to be pretty good from what I hear.

5. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States

Use AKAIO.

It has the option to use either .sav or .nds.sav

6. g4med4d

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Agreed! I've used the AKAIO since the first day I've got my AK2. Had never used AK's firmware.

7. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i'm pretty sure the save files won't work because the save type is set to a different size than your saves.
    so it's creating a new save with the right file size over you save i think
    just convert them with the online save converter

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the m3 simply/real ak2 saves are interchangable. just drop the new save on there and it should work. if you are running the game, then turning off the ak, putting on the new save (from the m3) and then booting back up the ak... it will overwrite that save with what was in the SRAM. so play some homebrew or something else, then put on the new save file and all should be fine. a last resort is to format the msd and put on a fresh copy of akaio and start over with your newly set up ak save files.

-another world

9. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    it was .nds.sav by default so we have had to keep that so people who use other firmware before AKAIO (or switch back to old after AKAIO because they're dumb) will have "cross-compatible" saves.

It's the System options advanced options that contains the "change from .nds.sav to .sav" by default.

There are options we'd love to have enabled by default, but we have to keep it "cross compatible"

10. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    AK2 has an SRAM chip? News to me... all I see is a CPLD and a 16Mbit SST flash (which I presume carries the boot code for the DS to start with, and is the hump I was having some problems with when trying to get ak2's loaders to work with public RPG source.)

11. o RedSheLL x

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SAV Converter

I think this should work for AKAIO (I didn't check [​IMG]).

RedSheLL