Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try with overclocking. That helped me with a few similar crashes in Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Btw, I finished PDS using this. Thanks to all contributing to this :)
Sadly it's not an OC issue as you need to OC just to get rid of stutter, even while docked lol

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be testing shortly but I realized somehow I didn't make a Resident Evil icon yet.
So I whipped one together real quick. Added it to the Google Drive with all my others.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_rjVgGDuTv0KTlYIRzhtCo_LBCfJXp6i?usp=sharing

Resident Evil Cover.png

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@shadow256 so I got the latest update and I’m wondering what this option is about, enter the save size octlets. Does this mean I can actually lower the save data from 25mb. Just asking because I’m starting from the beginning deleted most of my save data’s and games that installed wrong or didn’t have the controller menu texture selected at the time they were installed.
This is something that I haven't realy tested yet but normaly yes, it should reduce the size of the save but I haven't tested the effects. If this function do what I imagine if you set a size of "8" mb it will be sized around 20 MB cause I don't modify the save_log_size in the nacp, at least for now because I don't now what it's used for.

Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I’ll wait until it’s officially tested than because I just tried putting 8 and got an atmosphere crash trying to load clockwork knight unless I was supposed to actually put 8mb. Thank you for replying.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rikua what version of Resident Evil did you try? what config did you use?
I've been testing the US version, 4 different configs, can't even get beyond the start screen

EDIT: 2 dumps and 5 unique configurations, can't get beyond the start screen (before it even shows "Press Start")
So unless you can point be towards a working config, this seems to be 100% unplayable. Even tried full compatibility.

Last edited by Levine91,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about wallpapers, I know it’s 4 .tex files but are the .tex files different images. I did have a wallpaper but I don’t know where my download went. I had this wallpaper/boarder. Right now when I do select to setup a wallpaper, my games don’t load, luckily I still have all my nsps but I’m just trying to remake them because I didn’t have the menu fixed up. For now I’m done for the day. Just trying to understand the .tex files a little better right now since all I have to do is drag and drop the necessary images to make them. The boarder I can’t seem to locate on my computer.

Attachments

• 0DED6A4F-D0C4-4F59-9F4F-C2FADACC4B3C.jpeg
    0DED6A4F-D0C4-4F59-9F4F-C2FADACC4B3C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fst312 @shadow256 I had been wondering about the octet sizes for the saving as well.
Can you provide an example of what I would need to type in? Say for example if I were wanting to attempt cutting the save file to 12 MB? or more simply put, how many octets = 1 MB?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fst312 @shadow256 I had been wondering about the octet sizes for the saving as well.
Can you provide an example of what I would need to type in? Say for example if I were wanting to attempt cutting the save file to 12 MB? or more simply put, how many octets = 1 MB?
I’m actually trying to find out right now. Apparently 1 octet is apparently 1 byte or something I’m looking for some converter but I really don’t know what to input in the script.
Edit
Ok I’m kind of Still lost even looking at sites with this.

Last edited by fst312,

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m actually trying to find out right now. Apparently 1 octet is apparently 1 byte or something I’m looking for some converter but I really don’t know what to input in the script.
Edit
Ok I’m kind of Still lost even looking at sites with this.

I thought the same thing about a byte being an octet, I had only heard of octet in another use before.
I don't want to try anything until I know for sure.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rikua what version of Resident Evil did you try? what config did you use?
I've been testing the US version, 4 different configs, can't even get beyond the start screen

EDIT: 2 dumps and 5 unique configurations, can't get beyond the start screen (before it even shows "Press Start"
So unless you can point be towards a working config, this seems to be 100% unplayable. Even tried full compatibility.
I swear I only used the basic modded Cotton2 config. After my first hard crash, it was doing the same thing that its doing to you, hard crash on the title. I also can no longer get ANY further x.x

• Sad
Reactions: Levine91

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Can someone be so kind to help me in how I can inject shining force 3 or at least point me the tools to do it so I can learn to do it myself thanks in advance

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the same thing about a byte being an octet, I had only heard of octet in another use before.
I don't want to try anything until I know for sure.
1 kilo-octet = 1*1024 octets
1 mega-octet = 1*1024 kilo-octets
1 mega-octet = 1*1024*1024 octets

But you should note that you have also a SaveData Journal Size witch makes 12992512 octets so your save can't be under this size for now, even if you try to make a "0" value in the nacp file. But like I said I don't understand what is this value used for and how it should be managed with the save size value, going under 12992512 for the save size may result in crash but I need to make some tests on that. For now I have observed that this Journal Size is the same for the compilation and the standalone games but the save size isn't the same, compilation have a bigger save size than standalone games.

Reactions: Levine91

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 kilo-octet = 1*1024 octets
1 mega-octet = 1*1024 kilo-octets
1 mega-octet = 1*1024*1024 octets

But you should note that you have also a SaveData Journal Size witch makes 12992512 octets so your save can't be under this size for now, even if you try to make a "0" value in the nacp file. But like I said I don't understand what is this value used for and how it should be managed with the save size value, going under 12992512 for the save size may result in crash but I need to make some tests on that. For now I have observed that this Journal Size is the same for the compilation and the standalone games but the save size isn't the same, compilation have a bigger save size than standalone games.

Thanks for the knowledge! Until it's able to be decreased then yeah, I won't even bother.

Musgora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the experimental .ini files seems to be a crapshoot as to whether they're stable or not every time you boot the game. Sometimes I've had a flawless experience with save states and rewind working, sometimes I can't even change the language without the app softlocking. If anyone has a vuess as to what could be going wrong when building the NSP I'd really appreciate the help.

Cheers to the compilers though! It's hard to believe this whole community project is going to be a month old in just a few days and there's already been leaps and bounds of progress. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Zomorph

Topaz95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, So I just used the switch ultimate injector to inject the cotton 2 NSP, then I installed it via tinfoil, but then for some reason, when I launch the game it crashes before it even gets to the control page, now the game icon isn't even showing up again and I had to uninstall it everytime. What am I doing wrong here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.