Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, you need to do so via sys-clk, Tesla Menu, nx-ovlloader.
You can learn more about that here.

Yeah I'm aware.
It's just a personal preference. I love the NA stylization for the Saturn and wanted to give games that look, regardless of region, while maintaining a jewel case size/icon size

So just did this and XvsSF and MSHvSF both work like a dream with the OC settings as per the google doc table. Thanks so much @Levine91 for your help with this!

Reactions: ganons and Levine91

SuperS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I try to build an NSP with the config.ini files provided here. The games boot and work fine. They even save and load states, but when I try to change the button mapping (because the default one is very clunky) it softlocks the entire app and I have to force close it. Any idea as to why the configs aren't playing along?

Edit: Changing the language to English on the options menu and then changing the buttons seems to solve the issue, but it still makes the game waaaaay more crash prone when entering/exiting this menu. Tried to make a save state and return to the game. Softlock.

This does not happen if I don't use an ini file when building the NSP, however. I've built NSPs of Panzer Dragoon and Guardian Heroes with no config.ini files and rewind/save states/button mapping all work perfectly, so I dunno which setting in the config is making the game go haywire.
Finally! This is my problem exactly! Without ini files everything is fine and as soon as I use one I have either the problem you just described, or the game wont even start

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Report on Baku Baku Animal. I overclocked according to the DarkFlare video and i maxed everything out and the music plays fine. Yay. Gameplay is still a bit sluggish but I'd have to do a side by side with mednafen on PC to define it more.

Reactions: Zomorph

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off-World Interceptor Extreme has been upgraded from "Partially Playable" to "Playable".
You will need to use the attached config. No Overclock needed. Updated Spreadsheet.

Attachments

• Off-World Interceptor Extreme Config.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 110

invisiblekid0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: XC-3730C

SuperS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know how it is possible to save the games?
Save states crash the game for me and regular saving wont save the game.
do you use a custom ini when you build your games? For me and the user musgora custom inis break save states and/or other parts of the menu for some unknown reason..

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

Attachments

• mv.jpg
    mv.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: kof_k

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how it is possible to save the games?
Save states crash the game for me and regular saving wont save the game.

If your config has 4MB RAM applied to it, save states will crash the game.
What game are you trying to do a regular save for and is it via internal memory or backup memory?

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a video tutorial on how to change guardian into any other saturn game??? it's allot easier with a video tutorial.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How's input lag on Street Fighter Zero 3? I'd like to play it but I really can't do V-ISM stuff with lag.
Dunno, but zero 2 felt a little off for me, I ended up just going back to the retroarch ps1 version, it feels way better.
I don't call me self an input lag sensitive person as I can usually adjust, but zero 2 was weird.

Oddly enough the vs street fighter games felt fine.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for someone who knows how to patch Castlevania Dracula X twice (if you know what i am talking about, PM)
there are 2 patches i would like to combine, or at least use one patch fully as is, and extract only the script translation from the second one and apply it

there is a good patch that doesn't have English menu or Dialog, if someone knows how or which Sega Saturn ISO tools i need to extract the english translated dialog and menu and combine with another patch etc, send me a PM

View attachment 281927
i have been remaking The English Black & White Manual With Colors, (text isn't redone yet)
View attachment 281931
View attachment 281926
View attachment 281930
View attachment 281925
have done 4 Pages from the USA Instruction Manual and 4 Pages from The Japanese Manual

Also if i see these Distributed in Piarte sites with injected NSP, ill only share in Private Group

i would like help in Figuring out how to use a secondary Game patch on an already patched game before i share the complete RomFS file for SOTN Asset Swap, Send me a PM
I patched it already!!!I just don't know how to build the dam game and swap it with cotton guardian!!!! This is frustrating.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the English translated version of dracula x were you can open the map at anytime and all weapons fixed etc problem is there's 2 tracks meaning there's 2.bin tracks and 1cue.idk what to do with thisbut this is the best version of dracula x if I can get it working.I already patched it.I need help.

SuperS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got the English translated version of dracula x were you can open the map at anytime and all weapons fixed etc problem is there's 2 tracks meaning there's 2.bin tracks and 1cue.idk what to do with thisbut this is the best version of dracula x if I can get it working.I already patched it.I need help.
go to Post #1,196 there is a little tutorial on how to convert files with multiple bins. this worked nicely for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...