Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update, compatibility sheet is still being worked on. It's not going to be complete when it comes out obviously, but trying to tackle any games of even minor note.

Additionally, I've added more icons/covers over the past couple of days. Go check them out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_rjVgGDuTv0KTlYIRzhtCo_LBCfJXp6i?usp=sharing

Lastly, after a handful of configuration adjustments I was able to get Mr. Bones (USA) to work.
You'll find the config attached. Sadly the Japanese and European versions still do not work.
I notice in your icons folder you have
three dirty dwarves have you actually been able to get it running?
As ive complied a number of times with different combinations of edited ini file
And can't actually get it to run the start bug is easy to get around with just pushing up and pressing the start button but just crashes at 99%
Any ideas or is this just one of them games that just doesn't work?

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice in your icons folder you have
three dirty dwarves have you actually been able to get it running?
As ive complied a number of times with different combinations of edited ini file
And can't actually get it to run the start bug is easy to get around with just pushing up and pressing the start button but just crashes at 99%
Any ideas or is this just one of them games that just doesn't work?

It unfortunately doesn't work. I was really disappointed about that one.
I tried the US version and the May 10th, 1996 prototype and they have the same issue where it crashes at 99% loading the first stage. I plan on testing JP and EU at some point (unless you have?) and adding those results into the compatibility sheet as well.
Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Prb

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried the US version and the May 10th, 1996 prototype and they have the same issue where it crashes at 99% loading the first stage. I plan on testing JP and EU at some point (unless you have?) and adding those results into the compatibility sheet as well.
Sorry for the confusion.
I've got the EU version. Will test when I eventually get the 4mg running!

Reactions: Prb

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the confusion.
Iv'e tried the us and the eu version with no luck just the same unfortunately I'm planning on trying the jp
Also any luck on decathlete can only get it to work with no save data and turning instructions off but that only gets you to the second event and then just black screen with the bgm

Reactions: Levine91

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I desperately need need that rad Saturn controller Guide and that awesome Saturn boot screen if your willing the share the .tex(s) now. I've only made 3 or 4 injects, but would like to make them over with extra goodies lol
GF_00.png
GF_00A.png

i made over 20 boot screens, i didnt make a .tex for each, be spicific, i dont remember which one you want, i have attached:
Boot intro 1920x1080P
intro JP Remake.png

intro Logo Flare USA.png

Credits Screen 1920x1080P:
SegaTribute Credits 1.png

Wallpapers 1280x720P use these as wallpaper 02 and 03 and 04, 01 is your Plain Black Wallpaper, these will hide behind the game screen, and will show up giving the illusion you booted a sega saturn before a game loads
black TV JP BLACK Bar.png
Intro USA boot.png
Tv Frame USA logo BLACK Bar.png

use Botik PNG2Tex converter install python runtime app, and then drag the PNG to Botik's converter

The Digital Players guide, its not ready to be shared, there are over 40 images done for 5 games and havnt tested them inside the game yet, here is a screen image of nights player guide from Xbox live arcade version, i show 3/8 pages
g3.pngg4.pngg5.png
Special Thanks to botik for making my life easier to quickly convert my images to tex

Last edited by ZER-O,

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 281477View attachment 281512

i made over 20 boot screens, i didnt make a .tex for each, be spicific, i dont remember which one you want, i have attached:
Boot intro 1920x1080P
View attachment 281471
View attachment 281472
View attachment 281473

use Botik PNG2Tex converter, just install python runtime app, and then drag the PNG to Botik's converter

The Digital Players guide, its not ready to be shared, there are over 40 images dome for 5 games and havnt tested them inside the game yet, here is a screen image of nights player guide from Xbox live arcade version, i show 3/8 pages
View attachment 281474View attachment 281475View attachment 281476
Now that's proper cool dude nice work

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 281477View attachment 281512

Boot intro 1920x1080P
View attachment 281471
View attachment 281472
View attachment 281473
Wallpapers 1280x720P use these as wallpaper 02 and 03 and 04, 01 is your Plain Black Wallpaper, these will hide behind the game screen, and will show up giving the illusion you booted a sega saturn before a game loads
View attachment 281513View attachment 281514View attachment 281515
use Botik PNG2Tex converter install python runtime app, and then drag the PNG to Botik's converter

The Digital Players guide, its not ready to be shared, there are over 40 images done for 5 games and havnt tested them inside the game yet, here is a screen image of nights player guide from Xbox live arcade version, i show 3/8 pages
View attachment 281474View attachment 281475View attachment 281476
Special Thanks to botik for making my life easier to quickly convert my images to tex
I'm honestly fine with just changing the controller guide to the dark black Saturn Controller one, however, I'm having difficulties running the previously posted .py to convert it.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SUCCESS for Marvel VS Street Fighter
I used this .ini for both Xmen vs and Marvel vs

I'm really impressed with what a Saturn can do with the 4mb ram cart. These games are so much better than the Playstation versions. Basically Arcade perfect and no loading times.

Makes me really wish I could have afforded to import a Sega Saturn back in the 90s.

Attachments

• xmen.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: lingbergh

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drag the PNG on top of png2tex.py icon on your PC, nothing more, you will have a generated Tex file

dont open any app
Ahhhhhh I'm a dumb dumb. I assumed it would create a file with the same name but with .tex, it does not lol It creates a file with "tex" as its name. You must rename it and give it the .tex. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Also should I be replacing them in both the English and Japanese folders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm