Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem, you'll send me that when it's ready, personnaly it's not realy important against ini config files and injecting my games easily.
i have used your script once to test out an NSP and and since that time i havfe been making General Base template inside photoshop to drag and drop game covers or game guides to cut the time you need to makes cover or game guide in half or less

cant describe what i am doing until i show you
its going to be a several check boxes inside Photoshop to switch the cover style from USA, EUR, JP and Additional Personal Style or mix and match to give everyone all possible cover styles they wish to build their NSP Library With

the template will include Game logos for all the compatible working games and other extras

there are 5 Cover Styles that matches all 3 regions, plus one that matches the Sega Genesis Red and White Stripes and a plain version that matches all Switch game icons for the sake of variety
everything you see in the template will have its own object to manipulate and move

going to make the work Area show you 2 covers side by side in case you wanted to maker a USA and JP cover
exporting single covers is easy, a batch image resizer will be included to help resize all outputs to 256x256

example of template 1,2,3 (in progress) bellow, the wallpaper and other assets in the general template will match all 3 regions to keep a unified look through all the template

Attachments

• ssf c3.PNG
    ssf c3.PNG
    73.6 KB · Views: 85
  • ssf c2.PNG
    ssf c2.PNG
    142.9 KB · Views: 74
  • ssf c1.PNG
    ssf c1.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by ZER-O,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cool, I have been looking over this .ini and the 'official' SSF.ini seems the setting should be (SaturnBIOS="BIOS.BIN")
SSF_PC tries to store the Full/Directory/Name of your bios choice there but will load a straight file name from its same directory.

Might be some hidden options as well!
xYuunaX has all them documented in his Github, as well as all compatibility modes.

https://github.com/xYuunaX/SegaSaturnTribute/

Reactions: fst312 and PhyChris

Draico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello. I I've tried to run Lockpick RCM a dozen of times but I still cannot get the title key for 0100C67015270000. It's just not there for some obscure reason...
I have installed the game itself and launched it. This doesn't help the issue.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a noob guide for this and to make them into xcis.someone was nice enough to upload castlevania but ill try it later.for now this is the only game I wanted because the Japanese version has more enemies and castle to play.thanks for the support.

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I I've tried to run Lockpick RCM a dozen of times but I still cannot get the title key for 0100C67015270000. It's just not there for some obscure reason...
I have installed the game itself and launched it. This doesn't help the issue.
Title keys file is not needed anymore.

Reactions: Zomorph

Draico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, I have an error for some reason. Here is my log file. No idea what's wrong.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Switch-Hack-Script.log.txt
    205.1 KB · Views: 108

SuperS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
quick question, does shadow256 amazing script also work with the cotton guardian force collection? if not are there plans to make the collection compatible? thanks in advance

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now the nsp gets created but the output is spammed with
Code:
"[WARN]: Failed to match key "***", (value "***").
It's not a problem, this is just some keys that are not recognized by some tools used during the script.

quick question, does shadow256 amazing script also work with the cotton guardian force collection? if not are there plans to make the collection compatible? thanks in advance
For now no, my script doesn't work with the collection, only with standalone. Maybe I will add it later but for now I need to have the standalone based injection working correctly before adding that.

Reactions: Zomorph

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a problem, this is just some keys that are not recognized by some tools used during the script.

For now no, my script doesn't work with the collection, only with standalone. Maybe I will add it later but for now I need to have the standalone based injection working correctly before adding that.
So I updated the script when I woke up this morning and made it farther than ever before! It actually created an NSP! However, after I installed the NSP, my Switch wont boot it and I receive an error message. Attached are screens of the installed game and error message as well as the log that created it. Thanks again for looking!

EDIT: Yes, the game has been tested to work using Zebra as I have it installed as a RomFS as well. At first I thought it was an issue of having the game as a RomFS as well as having the NSP installed, however, Guardian Heroes is the same way on my set up and both the RomFS and NSP boot fine.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Switch-Hack-Script-LOG5.rar
    17.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211023_121530.jpg
    20211023_121530.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20211023_121521.jpg
    20211023_121521.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: peteruk

Draico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes, I've got the same issue with the script. Nsp gets created but throws an error when I'm trying to launch it.
By the way, how can I unpack the nsp so that I could replace the files according to the instruction in the first post?

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I've got the same issue with the script. Nsp gets created but throws an error when I'm trying to launch it.
By the way, how can I unpack the nsp so that I could replace the files according to the instruction in the first post?
Best to try and run the script without any modifications first get your nsp to work before making any modifications then you can simply go to the games folder inside the script folder and add your mods as ive found via try and error that not all tex are cross compatible with both methods for some reason

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I got castlevania sotn jap translated to English from someone nice enough to upload it.problem is I wanted widescreen.it's an xci file works great.is there any way to decompile the xci and make it widescreen????? please I hate 4/3 resolution ANY help much appreciated thanks for everyone's support.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
ok I got castlevania sotn jap translated to English from someone nice enough to upload it.problem is I wanted widescreen.it's an xci file works great.is there any way to decompile the xci and make it widescreen????? please I hate 4/3 resolution ANY help much appreciated thanks for everyone's support.
Grab a config.ini file from this thread and edit it with widescreen '1' instead of 0 and place it in a title if folder of the xci.

Though widescreen only stretches the image it doesn't make it native widescreen. It won't look good.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been searching for this aswel but nowhere I'm looking has it or anything else premade 😂

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just attempted to make a new inject from scratch using the SUHS and I created an NSP, this time there were key mismatch errors, I read this was commonplace, so I let it ride. I then booted up said created nsp in Ryujinx, my wallpapers didn't change, but it seemed to boot Astal, which is my injected game, albeit glitchy. Buuuuuut that doesn't matter because it still doesn't boot on my actual switch lol How strange.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Switch-Hack-Script-LOG6.rar
    14.5 KB · Views: 95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: