RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
I just built a new computer and am having a bit of trouble trying to get data from my old PC over, I have a USB SATA dock but my computer is trying to recognize my old vista hard drive in the USB dock as if it was plugged in through sata and telling me I need to format it before using (Note: It started doing this after the first time I successfully got in there and it denied me access to my user folder and when it tried to get access it started recognizing it as it like it was hooked up through SATA). Is there some way to bypass this so I can get my files over to my 7 computer?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The user thing is a manifestation of the permissions thing, the takeown command ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753024.aspx which will end up something like takeown /r x:\users\yourusername\ where x is the drive in question)

USB docks.... usually not the best things in the world. Certainly earned me a crust on several days but they are all pretty much terrible for use at any length and failure rate of them is pretty high too.
If you can then plug it into the PC sata ports (sata is hotswappable so you can plug it in whenever you like).

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Well the issue is more of it's asking me to format the drive and it's ignoring that it's got stuff on there now... I think I messed up by trying to enter the folder since it originally showed everything and my other hard drive from my old PC is working fine in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL