sandisk 4gb wow

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tiggerlator, Jul 26, 2011.

Jul 26, 2011

sandisk 4gb wow by tiggerlator at 10:32 AM (600 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tiggerlator
    OP

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Sorry if this post is wrong or summat, but just gotta say, i just got a 4gb sandisk micro sd and tested it, 20mb/s read and 16.5mb/s write, wow very nice. Tested with CrystalDisc mark.

2. caribou007

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Where'd you get that one from?

I don't know anything about this stuff, but it looks as though I'll be getting an Acekard 2i for my NDSL, and I need an sd card.

I heard Sandisk are inferior to Kingston, but I also heard Kingston are inferior to Transcend and AData for cards over 2gb, I also heard that 16gb cards don't work very well.

What are the best sd card in the 4gb - 8gb categories? I will be playing Castlevania: POR and I want 100% or as close to that performance of retail cartridges as possible.

One more thing, I need to eventually get an sd card for my Wii, so it would be nice it if could also function in that capacity, (I already have an adapter).

3. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Kingston is shit - they just rebrand cards and sell them (if you don't believe me, check this out)

Sandisk Class 2's are TOTAL SHIT. Any other Sandisk are generally ok.

Transcend and A-Data Class 6 are the best.

4. tiggerlator
    OP

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Funny because my sandisk is a class 2. i wil retest and post a screenie. It is a very fast card. It was second hand from Cex, cost £6

Here's the result, its not too bad.

[​IMG]

5. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Lol.

Sandisk class 2's generally aren't THAT bad, I'm being pretty harsh.

But they do have an ultra-shit latency (something along the lines of 25000) so older methods of AAP won't work on it.

6. caribou007

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    In this thread, someone says they bought a 8gb Kingston instead of a 8gb Transcend Class 6, so I'm still not sure, what do you think?

http://gbatemp.net/t217479-kingston-2gb-ja...p;#entry2711571

I'm also reading Transcend are fragile and some people's have stopped working.