Samsung Infuse 4G users?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Another World, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i'm on the hunt for some samsung infuse users who have successfully rooted their phone. so far i've read about the 1 click root application but i have some reservations after talking with the IT guy at my company who has rooted/hacked/and upgraded over 1,000 phones in the past 2 years. i've been advised to find a "file-by-file" method where i am in full control of the process. i was also curious why eset nod32 scans 1click as a trojan virus.

so any advice from samsung infuse users would be very nice! =)

in addition, i'm looking to find some samsung infuse users who have upgraded to the unofficial CM7 gingerbread port. curious about what rom you used, how you installed it, how its working, etc.

finally, anyone who has the infuse, lets talk about GPS. have you upgraded your o/s and is the GPS any better?

-another world

2. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    The root methods for Android are always picked up as a virus by Comp av. Usually along the lines of rageinthecage or something.

3. Jakob95
    This message by Jakob95 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 10, 2016.
    Nov 29, 2011
  4. Lastly

Member Lastly Honorable UltimateAdmiin - Highest Rank

United States
    In a hurry, so here is a jot down. I will edit later on.
    - Use KK3 to improve GPS
    - MIUI ISC is quite a beauty
    - SuperClick One to root
    - Rom Manager to install CWM
    - 3e is required
    - Use oldin to restore from brick

5. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    thanks lastly. i read about oldin's package, i do believe i have it on my hdd (need to double check). i saw a vid for miui, looked like it adds some nice functionality.

what is KK3?

looking forward to your edits when you have time.

-another world

6. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I suggest visiting XDA developers and check out your phones forum at there, and pick what ROM you find that is best for you.

7. Lastly

Member Lastly Honorable UltimateAdmiin - Highest Rank

United States
    Edit: What happened? Also, I can't seem to clean the post. Please, can a moderator clean the post for me, and then I will finish the remainders. Thanks!

\Another World, sorry for the delayed reply. I been quite busy with various things in life.

Note: I'm typing this on my phone right now so it's incredibly short and choppy. I will again edit it at a later time!

Before Rooting:
    OK, so lets get you started on rooting. However, make sure you understand what is rooting in the first place. Do not get rooting confuse with jailbreaking. These two are drastically different. Below this paragraph I compiled a small list of helpful articles. Also, make sure rooting is for you. In many cases, people prefer to stay on stock android if rooting/roms are not necessary. Do note however: you can always return to stock using oldin. While the stock android itself is very powerful, there are a few limitless extended possibilities that enhance in many ways including the following: using the WiiMote as a controller, using 3rd party backup program, improve the system response and other function including Carrier Signal, Data Speed, GPS fix, and many many other things. By installing a ROM (Read-Only Memory) after rooting even further enhance this experience. Do not get confuse with its name, ROM can be quite deceiving at time. I will link an article on that too. Even with all these goodies, rooting is completely subjective and the choice depends on yours.

8. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    It's Odin, not Oldin, it lets you flash firmware onto your phone, so it can brick your phone if you put something wrong on there, and it can unbrick your phone by reflashing the correct firmware on there.

Not sure what KK3 is, googled it and found this.

If you're just getting into android hacking, I'd recommend looking through the superthread sticky on XDA for the Infuse 4G, and generally just check around the Infuse 4G boards on XDA-Developers.

9. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    thanks lastly, got some reading to do =)

thanks terminator for clearing that up and for the links.

-another world