Samsung Galaxy S II help

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ringo619, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011

Samsung Galaxy S II help by Ringo619 at 1:10 PM (1,005 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Ringo619
    OP

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So i had my mind set on the HTC Desire hd but after i saw the galaxy S2 i wanna kinda get this but i have a few question , i know the galaxy s2 has't been released yet its confirmed it will be released in the UK on may 1st while there no official release for the USA cause my dad lives there and he can buy and send it to me.

So my question is, is there any kinda rumors or something that has given galaxy S2 a release date for the USA ? and other question , which do you think is better in the long run which i mean by android updates and etc cause i heard the newest android update "ice cream" requries the phone to have a dual core or something like that.
    So yeah if you guys can give me some information wither you know the release date of the galaxy s2 for the USA and which is personal better galaxy s2 or the htc desire hd by specs vise.

Thanks in advacne

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Spec-wise, the Galaxy S II wins hands down. US release date is sketched at May-June, which probably means they're having to delay it in favour of some other product release. I've heard rumours the UK version will have 4G disabled in the beginning, but that's just rumours.

3. Ringo619
    OP

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    my dad is coming around June or July so hopefully it comes to the USA around may or earlier and i don't really care for 4g as i am in Asia and there is no 4g where i live.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    AFAIK the S II won't support america's 3g bands, u better try it out before u just take it, and ur best bet is probably with T-mobile

nevermind, you're in Asia, in that case just make sure it works with 3g where you are

spec-wise the S II obviously wins, it's super thin and has an amazing display and all sorts of pimped out specs

5. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The HTC Sensation 4G was announced earlier today. It sports a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 768 MB RAM, and a qHD display. It also has the newest HTC Sense overlay.