shamiko_

~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country

South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. said it is suing Apple Inc. for patent rights violations, only days after Apple sued Samsung for the same reason.

Samsung is accusing Apple of violating its rights to 10 smartphone and computer patents. The company filed lawsuits Thursday in Seoul, Tokyo and Mannheim, Germany.

The lawsuits come only days after Apple sued Samsung in a California court. Apple alleges Samsung's Galaxy line of smartphones and tablet computers copy Apple's popular iPad and iPhone.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The American way of doing things.

"Amma gonna sue you!" "Not if I can help it! I'mma gonna sue you too!"

For what? For designs that have been around for years and have been used in a quadrilion of devices.

...and the tax payers pay for the trial.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm sorry for being blunt, but this is sandbox-fight-level lawsuit-spouting. The desings in question are (among others) the GUI style and the general shape of the device.

It's like having one cuttlery-producing company sue another cuttlery-producing company because their forks happen to have 5 spikes and one of them did that first.

The GUI and the device may look similar, but they're not "the same". The menus work on different OS'es entirely and have different icons. Both were developed separately and have nothing in common. It's a WASTE OF TIME.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
if i am not mistaken, something similar happened in the REAL world whereby US criticized China (not sure) for something China denied and criticized America for a whole lot of things too
Pride and Anger, really gets the better of man

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
spinal_cord said:
Schlupi said:
Why are people who stupid?

Um....

Lol, way to prove my point, right?
tongue.gif
typo.

I mean, I hate the way companies get so greedy and do stupid things like this.
This isn't greed... It's actually kind of the opposite of greed (sorta).
Clearly Samsung new about the infringement by Apple but chose to let it slide because they were business partners -- keeping a smooth business was good for both parties (I guess you could call that "greed", since it most likely made them more money in the long run than a lawsuit would have). But now that Apple is suing them, they're playing their hand.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
This isn't greed... It's actually kind of the opposite of greed (sorta).
Clearly Samsung new about the infringement by Apple but chose to let it slide because they were business partners -- keeping a smooth business was good for both parties (I guess you could call that "greed", since it most likely made them more money in the long run than a lawsuit would have). But now that Apple is suing them, they're playing their hand.
I think I'll take a trip back in time to kindergarten and say...
Apple started it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:

You know this is like the fourth post I've seen you where you point out "The American..." or something similar. Being an American has nothing to do with it, and to be honest, you pointing out "the american..." makes you seem like an ignorant douche bag.

QUOTE said:
South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. ...

The company filed lawsuits Thursday in Seoul, Tokyo and Mannheim, Germany.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Foxi4 said:

You know this is like the fourth post I've seen you where you point out "The American..." or something similar. Being an American has nothing to do with it, and to be honest, you pointing out "the american..." makes you seem like an ignorant douche bag.

QUOTE said:
South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. ...

The company filed lawsuits Thursday in Seoul, Tokyo and Mannheim, Germany.
Nice post... but you fail for one reason: You expect people to actually READ the things they comment on.
This is the internet, there is no place for comments that aren't headline-based, knee-jerk, instant reactions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom