Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
That was already expected.. well.

from Kotaku.com:
QUOTE said:
Had to happen. Had to. A press release on JoWood's website is claiming that the Austrian publishers will be releasing Telltale's Sam & Max series on the Wii. Can't see how this couldn't work. The game's simple graphics engine can run on the Wii, the Wii Remote steps in for the mouse, everyone's happy. And while speculation is mounting that the game may be available on Nintendo's upcoming WiiWare downloadable service, common sense says that line of thinking is...wishful. Our money's on a disc-based release of the PC's "Season 1". We've contacted Telltale for a little more info, we'll get back to you when there's more to get back to you about.

Hope more point'n'click adventures come to the Wii after this..

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'd buy a ScummVM collection any time for the Wii almost any price!

Scumm FTW :-D
This isn't Sam and Max: Hit the Road.
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Not surprised, but I'm less than excited. I hope fans of this sort of thing enjoy it and get their money's worth (or download's worth), but the Wii-mote is built for so much more. This game is just another example of publishers (LucasArt, right?) cashing in on the popularity of a system. Kind of hard to fuck up a game like this, but it will likely be merely more of what we played 15 years ago. Meh...

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
frown.gif
Not surprised, but I'm less than excited. I hope fans of this sort of thing enjoy it and get their money's worth (or download's worth), but the Wii-mote is built for so much more. This game is just another example of publishers (LucasArt, right?) cashing in on the popularity of a system. Kind of hard to fuck up a game like this, but it will likely be merely more of what we played 15 years ago. Meh...

It's not a remake of Sam & Max: Hit The Road.. they're porting the new Sam & Max games (made by Telltale.. not LucasArts).. and I'm very happy with this since the Wii-remote is perfect for this kind of game and this could be hardly be ported to any other console
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a remake of Sam & Max: Hit The Road.. they're porting the new Sam & Max games (made by Telltale.. not LucasArts).. and I'm very happy with this since the Wii-remote is perfect for this kind of game and this could be hardly be ported to any other console
smile.gif

Nah, I get that it's not a remake. My point was, though, that we can probably expect basically the same ole / same ole in gameplay and story devices. Like I said, if you're a fan of this sort of thing, more power to you. But, much in the same way I find Phoenix Wright to be a waste of the DS' resources as a system, I strongly anticipate this game to be such for the Wii. Point and click has its place, but it doesn't do much to push the Wii into new gameplay dimensions, such as the system was intended to do.
wink.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Point and click has its place, but it doesn't do much to push the Wii into new gameplay dimensions, such as the system was intended to do. 
wink.gif

Its nice to see a nintendo designer posting here! Intended to do?

I would hope the wiimote promotes more point and click standards to make the jump to consoles, its still progress and its still down to the interface improvements wii offers over other couch consoles. Too many wii sports or sword fighting games and you risk it becoming as popular and revolutionary as the light gun is today...

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
of course it isnt hard to screw it up...oh no wait it isnt from lucasarts its from telltale and the new sam and max games are lame,boring,unfunny,an repeating

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fount the new episodes to be very entertaining, I don't care if it doesn't push the system as all I want are fun Wii titles. As long as pointing a wiimote at the screen instead of mouse control is done well I'll buy this.

People seem to forget that the intention of the Wii was so to have fun titles on it that are simple to play (I'm talking control wise, not difficulty) and not need to have loads of buttons used.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hurray for Sam and Max, I really really hope this will do well, and other publishers finds a good idea in releasing their OLD games on WiiWare or something (much like a scummvm for wii). Same old controlls as always, just a wiimote needed! hurray again!

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
very entertaining? did we play the same games? i only played a few episodes but those "running gags" arent funny and the game is just not hard enough you go through the whole game without even thinking twice about something and i dont want to talk about the game lengt why dont they just bring one long and hard game out instead of multiple short ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1