Hacking Sakura DLDI version

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has r4 sakura gotten rom support yet? been trying to edit file here myself to get it working but having no luck making roms run... gettin them to boot but no luck on actual running of the roms... gettin black or white screen

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No posting the same post in two or more topics sanoblue!!
lecture.gif

There is no thing as R4 Sakura......The version you're trying to run is DLDI patched M3 Sakura firmware that doesn't support running NDS or GBA games, has low homebrew compatibility and can be used only for multimedia purposes..

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
sanoblue said:
has r4 sakura gotten rom support yet? been trying to edit file here myself to get it working but having no luck making roms run... gettin them to boot but no luck on actual running of the roms... gettin black or white screen

The DLDI version has no ROM support for a REASON, They removed it on purpose. Besides, even if they did enable it, it wouldn't be compatible with the R4's hardware

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Xeronage said:
sanoblue said:

The DLDI version has no ROM support for a REASON, They removed it on purpose. Besides, even if they did enable it, it wouldn't be compatible with the R4's hardware
They? It was Rudolph who made M3Sakura run on other flashcarts.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
VatoLoco said:
Does anyone know what causes some dpg's to not play in Sakura that play just fine with Moonshell...

is it an audio/video setting that needs to be adjusted while encoding from avi?
what did you use to convert?

batchDPG from what i know creates video files 100% compatible with m3sakura.

what might cause problems:
glitches in the original video file, only way to fix it is to get a new source video file.
color settings, i noticed with some video's not converted by batchDPG that they give an unsupported color error.
in that case it probably contains a larger color palette than supported by m3sakura.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
gangsterboi said:
Well take it this way, in my school I am the only one who even knows what homebrew, flash carts, or even movies on the ds is about. Compared to the amount of people who use nintendo branded products the ones that use flash carts is almost zilch.
This applies to me relative to my entire city, but I still keep it secretive when I have the thing outdoors. I attended a midnight release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in March and learned I wasn't the only one who owns a flashcart in my local area. When I inquired about their odd-looking carts inserted into their DSes they denied it all over saying they didn't in fact own R4s (or they said they owned "not R4s") until I told them I wasn't with the police and showed them my M3 Real. I still don't know how to explain that. If they're going to deny it badly, the least they could do is not let me notice it in the first place.

o0 You are a bit childish aren't you? If I was your friend I would call the police right now and tell them about how you pirate games on your DS just to see you crap your pants.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was anybody else ever able to successfully make this boot roms, I've managed to do it even with the now running 1.12+1, not sure if it would run in other carts being i dont own anything but my M3Real, i have no intentions on ever releasing it, i dont want no lawsuits lol, but im just curious as to who else has done it?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FiRsT-aNd-LaSt said:
Was anybody else ever able to successfully make this boot roms, I've managed to do it even with the now running 1.12+1, not sure if it would run in other carts being i dont own anything but my M3Real, i have no intentions on ever releasing it, i dont want no lawsuits lol, but im just curious as to who else has done it?
The version on M3 Reals boots ROMs for everybody. It's booting ROMs on other flashcarts that was taken out. So unless I'm missing something you haven't really accomplished anything.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sarvesh50 said:
Can i download this somewhere cant find link
frown.gif
Holy necro, batman. You see that date for the last post before yours? That's July, not January. This thread's dead.

Rudolph was asked to remove the hack because it constituted unfair competition.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
FiRsT-aNd-LaSt said:
The version on M3 Reals boots ROMs for everybody. It's booting ROMs on other flashcarts that was taken out. So unless I'm missing something you haven't really accomplished anything.
i don't think it was ever "taken out".
m3sakura just never contained the code to boot official games from anything other than cards with hardware similar to/the same as the m3real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ