Sakura and Touchpod 4.8

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Nerioe, Mar 25, 2010.

Mar 25, 2010

Sakura and Touchpod 4.8 by Nerioe at 7:01 AM (1,794 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Nerioe
    OP

Newcomer Nerioe Member

United States
    I am relatively new and just curious, I was browsing some of the HG/SS qq in a different thread and was wondering if it is possible to have the Touchpod 4.8 'game patch version' (as it says when the rom is loading) within Sakura 1.6 or if Sakura has to be updated as well to have Touchpod 4.8 working with it. All in all I'm just a little confused on how it all works, and yes I've read the FAQ. It would be nice if I had a deeper understanding of how it works and if I could just replace some files to get patch 4.8 woriking in Sakura.

Thanks in advance.

2. -Mew-

Member -Mew- GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Don't tale me on this but as far as I know you'll have to wait for a new sakura release, and if you're looking for HGSS you'll have to wait for a new touchpod release.

3. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Touchpod & Sakura are different firmwares, so it is not possible to transfer data between firmwares. Obviously, similar to thinking why you can't use Acekard, R4, Cyclo firmwares on each other.

Possibly a very poor analogy, but it is a bit like taking the motor out of a washing machine and placing it in your fridge and expecting it to function normally. Similar motors, just don't function the same.

4. Subtle Demise

Member Subtle Demise Entitled and Ungrateful

United States
    Yeah, the files have the same names and very similar function but the similarities end there. You'll have to wait for an update or use Touchpod specifically for the games that it was updated for. [​IMG]

5. Nerioe
    OP

Newcomer Nerioe Member

United States
    Thanks, that clears that up. I wasn't looking for HG/SS in particular, I just like being up to date and Sakura isn't as slow [​IMG]