Safety check

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't taken my sysnand online since I setup emunand on it back in 2018. I've been wanting to play some games online, so before I just jumped over to sysnand and updating I just wanted to verify a couple things. I've connected my emunand to the internet several times but I've used 90DNS since day one.

1. Will updating my sysnand online cause any problems with my emunand? Currently on Sysnand 9.0.1 and Emunand 11.0.1. My atmosphere version is 19.1.
2. On an unrelated note, is there any reason not to update my emunand and atmosphere to the most current builds?
3. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) you should be fine to update your sysnand as long you haven't installed any non legit games or forwarders on it. As for causing problems, it shouldn't but there have been instances in the past l. Usually resolved by updating your cfw

2) there's no reason to hold back your emunand from updating that I can think of. Personally I wait roughly a month before going for the most recent update, and will stay on a version thats before the latest. My emunand is running ofw 13.0

Reactions: C Dale

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't taken my sysnand online since I setup emunand on it back in 2018. I've been wanting to play some games online, so before I just jumped over to sysnand and updating I just wanted to verify a couple things. I've connected my emunand to the internet several times but I've used 90DNS since day one.

1. Will updating my sysnand online cause any problems with my emunand? Currently on Sysnand 9.0.1 and Emunand 11.0.1. My atmosphere version is 19.1.
2. On an unrelated note, is there any reason not to update my emunand and atmosphere to the most current builds?
3. Is there anything else I should be aware of?
  1. For the time being, no, but from time to time there are updates for the cartridge slot that prevents it from working on firmware versions below it. Since the cartridge slot is tied to the hardware & both sysMMC and emuMMC share the same hardware, this can be a potential problem
  2. No in fact the whole purpose of emuMMC is to be on the latest firmware
  3. If you have ever ran CFW and/or homebrew on your sysMMC, restore a clean eMMC backup before going online otherwise you risk getting banned

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  1. For the time being, no, but from time to time there are updates for the cartridge slot that prevents it from working on firmware versions below it. Since the cartridge slot is tied to the hardware & both sysMMC and emuMMC share the same hardware, this can be a potential problem
  2. No in fact the whole purpose of emuMMC is to be on the latest firmware
  3. If you have ever ran CFW and/or homebrew on your sysMMC, restore a clean eMMC backup before going online otherwise you risk getting banned
Restoring could result easier in a flag, if the logs current syslog logs are uploaded already, so unless he really did something on the sysnand thats on atmospheres don't do it if you are going online list (e.g. installed nsps or fucked with the logs), I would never do any unnessesary nand restores. Only situation where CFW boots could have caused real ban problems, was early on in atmospheres lifespan, when there was no log creation protection, and even then, a fatal was needed to create any problems.

In general, unless 90dns had any problems blocking at some point, there should be no problem for you to just boot the sysnand, update it and go online with it. Best would be to also update the emunand afterwards, so that the gamecard reader can be used on both the sysnand and emunand.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring could result easier in a flag, if the logs current syslog logs are uploaded already, so unless he really did something on the sysnand thats on atmospheres don't do it if you are going online list (e.g. installed nsps or fucked with the logs), I would never do any unnessesary nand restores. Only situation where CFW boots could have caused real ban problems, was early on in atmospheres lifespan, when there was no log creation protection, and even then, a fatal was needed to create any problems.

In general, unless 90dns had any problems blocking at some point, there should be no problem for you to just boot the sysnand, update it and go online with it. Best would be to also update the emunand afterwards, so that the gamecard reader can be used on both the sysnand and emunand.
OP didn't go online since he made his emuMMC in 2018. I don't think he has any logs to worry about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-