Safe to play other regions games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gifi4, Jan 4, 2012.

Jan 4, 2012
  1. gifi4
    OP

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Hey guys, I've recently softmodded my Wii (Pal) using Modmii and I have priiloader installed, on priiloader, remove region lock is enabled (or similiar) Does this mean it's safe to download and play NTSC games or do I have to stick with PAL?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As long as you have disc updates blocked in Priiloader (which you should anyway), it is safe to play games from other regions using the disc channel. If you are using a backup loader such as NeoGamma or Configurable USB Loader to play your disc or USB backups, it is also safe.

3. gifi4
    OP

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Whoops, forgot to mention I was using Configurable USB Loader. Anyway thanks for the help.

4. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    sure you are safe to play out-of-region games on USB loader as it direct execute the game. Which is a counterpart of loading games in System Menu which will go to a few checks before it load the game (checking if your Wii is updated and whatsnot)

little note that your tv must be multisystem or at least support the video system that the game uses it. Forcing the TV System Format will help on some games, but it causes more problems once you activated it. And unfortunately, multisystem TV's can only be bought on Middle East Countries (Saudi Arabia, etc...).