Hacking rxtools won't load. Am I missing something here?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I'd been using Gateway since before any of this CFW even existed. So when it turns on it's still on 4.4.

The GW's emunand is now fully updated. And all I did is as the readme instructed. Put the Rxtools folder in the root of the SD, copy the /firm/ folder the script makes into the RXtools folder. Use the DStwo to launch the rxinstaller and let it run. It seems to imply that there were no errors this time, but all I get is a black screen when trying to launch it.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, GBATemp won't let me attach the file.

You mean this? http://ctrlv.in/728589 That's the only kind of thing I can get to work.
I can send you the files i was prevousily talking about leave them in the root of your SD the black screen is those files missing commonly thats the problem same thing happen with me.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I'd been using Gateway since before any of this CFW even existed. So when it turns on it's still on 4.4.

The GW's emunand is now fully updated. And all I did is as the readme instructed. Put the Rxtools folder in the root of the SD, copy the /firm/ folder the script makes into the RXtools folder. Use the DStwo to launch the rxinstaller and let it run. It seems to imply that there were no errors this time, but all I get is a black screen when trying to launch it.
Your SysNAND is on 4.4 so you'll need the slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root of your SD card.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your SysNAND is on 4.4 so you'll need the slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root of your SD card.
And literally every result showing on google for this so-called file is just leading to another forum thread here complaining about a bad version of it, or locked behind some kind of account or pay wall, so there's no valid download links to get this or the other file you're talking about anywhere. :hateit:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
And literally every result showing on google for this so-called file is just leading to another forum thread here complaining about a bad version of it, or locked behind some kind of account or pay wall, so there's no valid download links to get this or the other file you're talking about anywhere. :hateit:
@TariqSoftDev offered to send them to you, so just use his copy.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god damn it all...

The only reason I even halfway considered going with CFW at all - AT ALL - was for the promise of being able to launch GBA and DSiWare, particularly with what I already legitimately owned, let alone for some of the VC out there that started to show up including some really choice games for the respective system(s).

The only reason I even thought to use RxTools in the first place was for the promise that I could re-use the same emunand I already had with the Gateway 3DS.

With the Gateway, it was literally just... run the DS installer, go into the settings, launch Gateway mode. And now, with cheat hunting on top of it.

So far, nothing about CFW is working as it should for me.

After a really obnoxious process to even find out how to turn off the antivirus long enough to get the supposed required binary files, moving them to the 3DS SD card, re-starting the steps I'm familiar with, it did actually launch the emunand to my surprise. But as soon as I tried to launch either the GBA or the DSiWare, it immediately gives me "An error has occurred" on the black screen, and the Home button no longer even works. forcing me to have to turn off the system.

:hateit:

Please remind me again, why everyone and their dog here keeps acting like CFW is so easy on the 3DS? I am seriously so aggravated right now, and wondering if it's even worth putting any more effort into this hot mess.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god damn it all...

The only reason I even halfway considered going with CFW at all - AT ALL - was for the promise of being able to launch GBA and DSiWare, particularly with what I already legitimately owned, let alone for some of the VC out there that started to show up including some really choice games for the respective system(s).

The only reason I even thought to use RxTools in the first place was for the promise that I could re-use the same emunand I already had with the Gateway 3DS.

With the Gateway, it was literally just... run the DS installer, go into the settings, launch Gateway mode. And now, with cheat hunting on top of it.

So far, nothing about CFW is working as it should for me.

After a really obnoxious process to even find out how to turn off the antivirus long enough to get the supposed required binary files, moving them to the 3DS SD card, re-starting the steps I'm familiar with, it did actually launch the emunand to my surprise. But as soon as I tried to launch either the GBA or the DSiWare, it immediately gives me "An error has occurred" on the black screen, and the Home button no longer even works. forcing me to have to turn off the system.

:hateit:

Please remind me again, why everyone and their dog here keeps acting like CFW is so easy on the 3DS? I am seriously so aggravated right now, and wondering if it's even worth putting any more effort into this hot mess.
Dont get angry remain calm , I can guide you through it step by step.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Oh god damn it all...

-snip-
You'll need to install AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM patches to your SysNAND, see here for AGB firm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: You to not show angry emotion before 12PM :ninja: