Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
My own update to rxTools! I added a new splash logo.

rxPasta.png

New icon and name. The rest of it is otherwise the same. :D

Download link:

rxPasta.rar

TWL/AGB Compatible version also included. (just rename rxTools_dsi.dat to rxTools.dat and place on your SD card)

Note however that TWL/AGB version is not compatible with Smash Bros and similar games that reboot native_firm when using.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm wrong, but your quote doesn't quite make sense because you don't take into account if NANDs are linked the GBA/DSi title must be installed on sysNAND.

I thought the rule was, GBA/DSi titles mus be installed to sysNAND and can be launched from sysNAND/emuNAND even if NANDs are unlinked. Can anyone confirm who is correct? Thanks.
NOTE if you have unlinked NANDs: For a GBA or DSi title to run, it needs to exist on sysnand. You can run them on emunand if they are also installed on sysnand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice, but this should come from AHP or a group can be formed, but now everyone is going to be making their own custom releases and polluting this thread. Thanks.
My own update to rxTools! I added a new splash logo.

rxPasta.png

New icon and name. The rest of it is otherwise the same. :D

Download link:

rxPasta.rar

TWL/AGB Compatible version also included. (just rename rxTools_dsi.dat to rxTools.dat and place on your SD card)

Note however that TWL/AGB version is not compatible with Smash Bros and similar games that reboot native_firm when using.

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm wrong, but your quote doesn't quite make sense because you don't take into account if NANDs are linked the GBA/DSi title must be installed on sysNAND.

I thought the rule was, GBA/DSi titles mus be installed to sysNAND and can be launched from sysNAND/emuNAND even if NANDs are unlinked. Can anyone confirm who is correct? Thanks.
Regarding GBA games: if your NANDs linked you don't need to install anything to SysNAND, they will work as is.
@Riku stated otherwise.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AHP_person

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, if sysNAND and emuNANDs are linked, GBA/DSi titles can be installed to emuNAND and launched from emuNAND. However, what about if NANDs are unlinked?

Does anyone know? If NANDs are unlinked can GBA/DSi tiltes be installed to *both* sysNAND and emuNAND and then launched from *either* emuNAND and sysNAND *and* have the GBA/DSi saves be intact?

@powersaver
Actually there's a video:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...gba-rom-converter.390313/page-29#post-5532137
First I load 4.5 Pasta sysNAND (you can see FBI banner which means signature check is patched), then I try to launch GBA games from linked emuNAND (it throws error asking to redownload it from e-shop, which proves they are not installed into sysnand), then I launch rxTools and load same GBA title and it works without any errors.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool, if sysNAND and emuNANDs are linked, GBA/DSi titles can be installed to emuNAND and launched from emuNAND. However, what about if NANDs are unlinked?

Does anyone know? If NANDs are unlinked can GBA/DSi tiltes be installed to *both* sysNAND and emuNAND and then launched from *either* emuNAND and sysNAND *and* have the GBA/DSi saves be intact?
"Unlinked".NANDs use different folders.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Havent said he will remove the sig checks, I've just said he is considering to remove them. He also stated that he'll decide later. Imo AHP_person should have at least waited until he has decided.

The whole point is *NOT* having to wait. Nobody likes to wait. It's there now, it's working, there's no merit in waiting (as "saving an exploit" might be). The other side is of course: do you want to take the risk. That's where AHP_Person helped Roxas out. Roxas' software is NOT a 'piracy-enabling' tool (or in other words: a tool to circumvent protection measures), even though (as we see right now) it could be turned into one. Nobody likes their software modified without permission (just look at the history of gpSP for the PSP). But the sigcheck genie is definitely out of the bottle.

Disclosure: I'm not even using rxTools right now. I just use Pasta as all I have to do is swap out the SD card (card 1: GW for 3DS stuff, card 2: Pasta for DSi and GBA)

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong, AHP doesn't owe anything to Roxas just as Roxas doesn't owe anything to us. AHP doesn't/didn't need to wait, case closed.
I Havent said he will remove the sig checks, I've just said he is considering to remove them. He also stated that he'll decide later. Imo AHP_person should have at least waited until he has decided.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And encryption ;)

Not that I know of, aside from Xenoblade for obvious reasons.

I was not able to play sonic lost world, I installed it on 4.5 sysnand using pbt and I'm on the latest firmaware version (9.8) on emunand using rxtools. Sm4sh worked really well tho. only sonic lost world doesn't, I see the title and music when I select it, but once I started it stays on black screen until I go back to homescreen and says "do you want to quit the current software".

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, could you answer the question(s) though?
If NANDs are unlinked can GBA/DSi tiltes be installed to *both* sysNAND and emuNAND and then launched from *either* emuNAND or sysNAND?
If yes, are saves preserved no mater which NAND you launch from?

I thought in the past, it was determined, that even if you launch from emuNAND, that after rebooting, it actually launches from sysNAND, so the saves should be from sysNAND no mater which NAND you launch from... Not true?
And encryption ;)

Not that I know of, aside from Xenoblade for obvious reasons.

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, could you answer the question(s) though?
If NANDs are unlinked can GBA/DSi tiltes be installed to *both* sysNAND and emuNAND and then launched from *either* emuNAND or sysNAND?
If yes, are saves preserved no mater which NAND you launch from?

I thought in the past, it was determined, that even if you launch from emuNAND, that after rebooting, it actually launches from sysNAND, so the saves should be from sysNAND no mater which NAND you launch from... Not true?
I'm fairly sure they can be launched from either.
I think the saves are loaded from sysnand, yeah.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question : I'm using rxtools with latest fw version. I got BBM and other cias installed, if I wanted to install another cia, do I have to go all over through pbt again and back up sd card, format emunand etc etc...?
Is there a faster solution ?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question : I'm using rxtools with latest fw version. I got BBM and other cias installed, if I wanted to install another cia, do I have to go all over through pbt again and back up sd card, format emunand etc etc...?
Is there a faster solution ?
No, use the dev menu cia from rxtools!

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice, but this should come from AHP or a group can be formed, but now everyone is going to be making their own custom releases and polluting this thread. Thanks.
You don't understand how scenes work do you? It's called community contribution, not pollution. If it's wanted in an official release it will be added and uploaded to the op, if not then.. whatever. But it's there for anyone that wants it.

Last edited by Veho,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there some games which cannot be played with rxPasta?

I'm having issues with getting download play to work with any of my games, but outside of that, no (and that's very likely a flaw in my conversion process, probably not a limitation of the cfw itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.