RXTools via MSET strange issue?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ZeroTheBeginning, Dec 7, 2015.

1. ZeroTheBeginning
    OP

ZeroTheBeginning Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    So I've just installed MSET on my 3DS Console which is using firmware v8.1 and it seems to be working fine in sysnand. However, when I'm in emunand and I try to go to system settings..then attempt to exit the settings menu, it reverts me back to sysNAND? Is this the expected behavior for MSET when you exit from system settings in emuNAND?

FYI, I'm using rxTools Pasta and I installed MSET 6.x.

2. Ermelber

Ermelber GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2012
    Italy
    Como, Lombardia
    It's not an issue of rxTools. Exiting System Menu always makes you go back to sysNAND, no matter what you do :P

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. andriy921

andriy921 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    Launching rxTools using themehax should keep you in the emanand.

4. ZeroTheBeginning
    OP

ZeroTheBeginning Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    Ah. I didn't notice these symptoms before I installed MSET. I'm hoping that when I update the emuNAND, it won't mistakenly update the sysNAND upon re-entering the sysNAND home menu (due to this stated behavior). The reverting behavior is strange to me. Do you happen to know why that is expected?

I'll try themehax next. Thanks for the advice!

5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    IIRC, the settings app needs to get your 3DS into a priviledged mode when launching so it can alter things, then it reboots it back to the normal state. And since turning your 3DS on and off gets you back to sysNAND, same for a reboot. And you'll get this "problem" too when exiting MH4U, Smash and other "big" games like that if you use an old 3DS.

The best way to avoid updating your sysNAND is to use menuhax indeed, so that even a reboot leads to the emuNAND.
    And another smaller way to prevent it is to use a different theme on your sysNAND than on your emuNAND so you know where you are.

6. Jeff Sakamoto

Jeff Sakamoto Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    its normal it revert back to sysnand mset is for nintendo ds profile to easily go to rxtool without internet

7. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I wouldn't call that "easily without internet" when menuhax is tons easier and works without internet too...

Ammako likes this.
  8. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Completely normal. 3ds's perform a soft reset after exiting sys settings. As stated above, themehax (homemenuhax or just menuhax) kicks in during sysnand boot and that's why it drags the system back to emunand (or wherever you configured your themehax to go to) after a soft (and hard) reset.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Dec 7, 2015