Hacking rxTools Question: Safe to update Emunand latest version?

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard various conflicting things and I want to be very clear.. Is it safe to update emunand on rxTools? I've heard the latest firmware screws with emunand, I've heard others say that on O3DS emunand updates just fine rxTools..

I just want to update so I can remove this nag message. I'll switch to Luma or whatever else is best at a later date.

Sysnand: 9.2
o3DS
themehax installed for autoboot

thank you

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you switch to duke_srg's fork of rxTools, if you want to keep using rxTools.
It's worth noting that duke_srg has said he won't be working on the CFW side of rxTools, so unless you're using the tools there's no need to switch.

In addition, I'm expecting Nintendo to upgrade either home menu/errdisp in the next firmware update, which will break older firmlaunches, and if rxTools isn't being maintained anymore it may finally die :tpi:

FFT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's obvious that rxTools is bad choice for N3DS, but for O3DS in my opinion it's not that bad like everybody say. It's old so some tools might be not working because 3DS scene nowadays looks little different compared to the past, but nothing major in my opinion. Still waiting for solress reply about that "many bugs".

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It's obvious that rxTools is bad choice for N3DS, but for O3DS in my opinion it's not that bad like everybody say. It's old so some tools might be not working because 3DS scene nowadays looks little different compared to the past, but nothing major in my opinion. Still waiting for solress reply about that "many bugs".
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using it. Its codebase is a huge mess, and pretty much all development on the CFW side of things has ceased, which means it can break at any update (see my previous post).

About the tools, they actually work if you go back to 2.6 iirc, they broke them sometime between 2.6 and 3.0 beta.

FFT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I see your point and you are right, but still I'm curious about that "many bugs" excluding not working tools or unsafe future updates - which by the way, may happen to other available CFWs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)