Homebrew rxTools - Can't boot EmuNAND, system shuts down.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am using HBL. I followed this video.

Every time I try to boot Luma3DS, the system shuts down.

Sorry for being such a noob.
Please don't use youtube guides, they are nice to start out with, but quickly go out of date.
But are you using menuHax? How are you getting the HBL?

shadyklutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, guys. Truly appreciate it. Been trying to get this thing to work, but to no avail.

To explain things and to give you an image of my situation:

I've successfully installed CFW in my 2DS.

Partitioned my SD card into SysNAND (v9.2.0) and EmuNAND (not the latest, but I think it's version 11-point-something) using EmuNAND9.

Yesterday, I restarted my system. Booted it into SysNAND first and then using my browser, I went to reboot.ms to launch rxTools. Now, normally, I can successfully boot into my emuNAND with this method. Unfortunately, lately, I can't do so-- the system shuts down.

I tried Luma3DS My 2DS has always had HBL. It's this boot.3dsx file I think that allows me to launch it. And from there, I launched Luma3DS. Followed the instructions and when I finally got to boot my EmuNAND using this method, the system just shuts down-- just like in the rxTools.

What seems to be the problem here?

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get off of RXTools before it is too late. There is no reason to NOT to be on a9lh. If you continue to mess around with RXTools you run risks that are far worse than taking the time to learn about and install the best CFW for the 3ds.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, guys. Truly appreciate it. Been trying to get this thing to work, but to no avail.

To explain things and to give you an image of my situation:

I've successfully installed CFW in my 2DS.

Partitioned my SD card into SysNAND (v9.2.0) and EmuNAND (not the latest, but I think it's version 11-point-something) using EmuNAND9.

Yesterday, I restarted my system. Booted it into SysNAND first and then using my browser, I went to reboot.ms to launch rxTools. Now, normally, I can successfully boot into my emuNAND with this method. Unfortunately, lately, I can't do so-- the system shuts down.

I tried Luma3DS My 2DS has always had HBL. It's this boot.3dsx file I think that allows me to launch it. And from there, I launched Luma3DS. Followed the instructions and when I finally got to boot my EmuNAND using this method, the system just shuts down-- just like in the rxTools.

What seems to be the problem here?
use menuhax, not broswerhax. I believe RxTools still functions on the latest cfw, but its up to you if you want to switch. A9LH is AN OPTION, but NOT REQUIRED to fix this issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get off of RXTools before it is too late. There is no reason to NOT to be on a9lh. If you continue to mess around with RXTools you run risks that are far worse than taking the time to learn about and install the best CFW for the 3ds.
wow, my post from earlier came true:
Yea,i found a few luma ones there though.Whatever works for you then I guess.
apparently quite a few people on this site don't seem to grasp that last sentence when it comes to choice of CFW, but yea.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, @7iven8Nine. I appreciate when people here actually evaluate the situation and don't just jump to the conclusion that you need A9LH, without even knowing the other person's setup. I had 3 friends back at my high school who i didn't even give A9LH to since all they wanted was custom themes, and some people don't want to risk a second downgrade.
Anytime, I'm glad to help when I can. :)

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why is this still a problem on these forums? If the problem is on RxTools, the solution should be on the same CFW; switching it should only be a choice and not a solution. Most NAND problems are universal through all CFW anyway.
You've made the man change his setup to Luma, and it turns out the problem is most likely related to his emuNAND, not his CFW. Figures.

OP, if you have any NAND backups on your computer, try injecting them on your emuNAND and boot into it. Your current emuNAND might be corrupted.

Reactions: TimX24968B

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I decided to move from 11.0 rxtools to a9lh luma. The first problem I encounterd was my menuhax boot. I changed some values with hxd back in the day. So I switched around a few things and after that I really broke my emunand boot.
I decided to start from the sysnand with a fresh starter.zip and oothax. That works great while using the guide, the issue however was that I lost everything on a9lh like games and saves.
I followed the guide to replace sysnand with emunand. But I wasn't sure if it needed my old emunand.bin (I don't think it is needed, because you make a new one)because it won't let you choose it.
So making the emunand with decrypt9 and implanting it into sysnand (while keeping a9lh) fixed everything, my games and saves where back.
So long story short,
Use a fresh starter.zip
Have an entrypoint in 9.2
Follow the guide
And restore sysnand with your created emunand (keep a9lh)
And presto, it should work great.

Last edited by koffieleut,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why is this still a problem on these forums? If the problem is on RxTools, the solution should be on the same CFW; switching it should only be a choice and not a solution. Most NAND problems are universal through all CFW anyway.
You've made the man change his setup to Luma, and it turns out the problem is most likely related to his emuNAND, not his CFW. Figures.

OP, if you have any NAND backups on your computer, try injecting them on your emuNAND and boot into it. Your current emuNAND might be corrupted.
I always tackle the easy issue first. The easy thing to tackle is removing out of date setups. From there I address the more complicated issues, such as look into NAND to see if it's the cause the issue.

But I would agree and suggest restoring a previous NAND back to up to see if that fixes the issue. I would also still suggest not continuing to use RXTools nor older entrypoints like browerhax.

Reactions: jarmster

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always tackle the easy issue first. The easy thing to tackle is removing out of date setups. From there I address the more complicated issues, such as look into NAND to see if it's the cause the issue.

But I would agree and suggest restoring a previous NAND back to up to see if that fixes the issue. I would also still suggest not continuing to use RXTools nor older entrypoints like browerhax.
out of date setups don't pose any issues if they still function as intended by the user. Most people consider the 'rxmode' as using rxtools. sure, half the other tools don't work, but I don't recall using any of them even once. (except maybe fbi injection, idk if that even counts though).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
out of date setups don't pose any issues if they still function as intended by the user. Most people consider the 'rxmode' as using rxtools. sure, half the other tools don't work, but I don't recall using any of them even once. (except maybe fbi injection, idk if that even counts though).
Eliminating the easy fix is still an option, that is something I learned in my years.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I missing something? I'm running rxtools on an o3ds on 4.2. I use a cart to load exploit. My emunand is updated and works flawlessly. I understand there is new cfw but if shit ain't broke no need to fix it....at least for my situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimX24968B

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I missing something? I'm running rxtools on an o3ds on 4.2. I use a cart to load exploit. My emunand is updated and works flawlessly. I understand there is new cfw but if shit ain't broke no need to fix it....at least for my situation

As someone who was an user of Rxtools until yesterday, I won't tell you to stop or something, that's not my responsibility or anything, but when a problem arises (assuming you do things outside of installing games and apps) very few people will address your problem due to being an outdated CFW by today's standards.

Not only the boot-rate is pretty crappy at times, some features can't even work properly on the system, and installing a single Dsiware or GBA game on it was also troublesome back in the past due to having to go to the Sysnand Rx-mode each time you did it, not only that, we don't know when Nintendo will or will not fix the Emunand issue, but is a lot more closer fixing that than Luma 3DS, let me tell you, back in 2015 when I saw Rxtools, I was amazed, it was the top-notch CFW back then.

It ran better than Palastine, it crushed the competence where even menuhax and A9LH (2015, mind you) where at its baby-steps, that CFW was incredible, but as time goes on, A9LH would turn into what we know as Luma 3DS, plenty of features were added, now we don't have to run MSET (my case) to activate Rxtools, we can use a sort of "VHS menu PSP" on the 3DS to activate things much faster and with less risk and is constantly updated, in that Iso site plenty of people report that certain games run on their Luma's 3DSes while Rxtools users don't share the same privilege.

You can pretty much stay up-to date with the apps and games using Rxtools, but the difference in performance between that CFW and Luma 3DS is very clear, is better to have something that stays with constant updates, that it doesn't go insane for any modifications you use, etc. and even that, we don't know when Rxtools will be fixed, while Luma pretty much stays even with all the updates that Nintendo throws at it.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if everything works flawlessly, what was there a reason you needed to come on here?
As someone who was an user of Rxtools until yesterday, I won't tell you to stop or something, that's not my responsibility or anything, but when a problem arises (assuming you do things outside of installing games and apps) very few people will address your problem due to being an outdated CFW by today's standards.

Not only the boot-rate is pretty crappy at times, some features can't even work properly on the system, and installing a single Dsiware or GBA game on it was also troublesome back in the past due to having to go to the Sysnand Rx-mode each time you did it, not only that, we don't know when Nintendo will or will not fix the Emunand issue, but is a lot more closer fixing that than Luma 3DS, let me tell you, back in 2015 when I saw Rxtools, I was amazed, it was the top-notch CFW back then.

It ran better than Palastine, it crushed the competence where even menuhax and A9LH (2015, mind you) where at its baby-steps, that CFW was incredible, but as time goes on, A9LH would turn into what we know as Luma 3DS, plenty of features were added, now we don't have to run MSET (my case) to activate Rxtools, we can use a sort of "VHS menu PSP" on the 3DS to activate things much faster and with less risk and is constantly updated, in that Iso site plenty of people report that certain games run on their Luma's 3DSes while Rxtools users don't share the same privilege.

You can pretty much stay up-to date with the apps and games using Rxtools, but the difference in performance between that CFW and Luma 3DS is very clear, is better to have something that stays with constant updates, that it doesn't go insane for any modifications you use, etc. and even that, we don't know when Rxtools will be fixed, while Luma pretty much stays even with all the updates that Nintendo throws at it.
The only few reasons i kept to rxtools was because it didn't give me any issues, boot rate wasn't an issue since my 3ds was almost never turned off, and I didn't do much in the way of dsiware/virtual console (just used emulators, emerald ran full speed on gpsp.) Also, I haven't seen an ounce of difference in performance between luma and rxtools in my experience. (not to mention rxtools has splash screens that define it. luma doesn't. rip rxtools splashscreens :(. dont tell me you can just download them from the theme site, its not that simple). Only reason why I switched was because nobody responded if rxtools would still work with 11.1 until much later, and honestly, im still on 11.0

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
simple answer: it simply won't. nobody is working on rxTools anymore so issues won't get fixed.

No, I wasn't talking about rxtools getting fixed as in the "Rxtools Software", I meant to say with "rxtools will be fixed" as in Nintendo putting their hand on a new update that blocks Rxtools of their consoles, that's what I talked about Rxtools getting fixed out of the 3DS.

Little misunderstanding, sorry if I didn't make that part clear enough.

Reactions: ihaveahax
D

Deleted User

No, I wasn't talking about rxtools getting fixed as in the "Rxtools Software", I meant to say with "rxtools will be fixed" as in Nintendo putting their hand on a new update that blocks Rxtools of their consoles, that's what I talked about Rxtools getting fixed out of the 3DS.

Little misunderstanding, sorry if I didn't make that part clear enough.
Well that's quite possible since you put it that way and rxtools isnt being updated anymore which makes it vulnerable to nintendos update attacks/patches

But what other people are saying whats going to happen is Nintendo will make a update potentialy that updates both nands if you are still using menuhax/mset,which means it will take out the ability to update in your emunand and keeping your sysnand at 9.2,what will happen instead is a update to emunand also will update the sysnand because of Nintendo tweaking the update to go after both nands.This is the reason we have a9lh fanboy people who are trying to convert everyone over regardless of them caring if it bricks other peoples 3ds's during the process since they will lose the ability to keep there sysnand exploitable if they don't switch and Nintendo kills emunand updating through all cfw even if you are using luma/cakes or rxtools.So at the moment keeping an achilles heel 9.2 sysnand isn't the greatest idea unless you are aware of it going out of date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-