rxTools blackscreen help!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mr Chomp, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Mr Chomp
    OP

Mr Chomp Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Okay so after following this tutorial:

After starting rxTools for the first time and it configuring everything. After i press any key to continue, i just get 2 black screens. Even after restarting the system and trying to open rxTools,i just get 2 black screens.

What do i do?

Edit:

Could it be to do with my .bin files they appear to be 0 in size.

proof: https://gyazo.com/33c78acd4756354d3218b193541edc5b

Last edited by Mr Chomp, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Yes.

3. Mr Chomp
    OP

Mr Chomp Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    I have Python 2.7 installed and whenever i run the python file, it produces the .bin files in the image posted in OP. What do i do? I have tried various rxTool files too.

I am using Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I was having the same black screen issue too. It turns out that I was using N3DS bin files. So I used python and got the firm files I needed and put them in. But it still didn't work. So I deleted rxtools off my SD card and readded it so it can start fresh, then added my firm files. It worked after that.

5. Mr Chomp
    OP

Mr Chomp Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Well the person on the tutroial is also using a 3DS, so i do not think the files are wrong. They were created when i clicked on "cdn_firm.py" inside the Tools folder which was inside the RXTools folder.

So how would i go about deleting rxTools? Do i delete the rxTools inside the 3ds folder or the rxTools inside the root of the sd card?

6. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    The one on the root of your SD card.

7. Mr Chomp
    OP

Mr Chomp Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    I found the problem, it was the bin files they were being generated wrongly (i dunno how but they aint suppose to be 0 in size). Thanks to MattKimura for sending me the bin files!!!