rxtool data suit failed installing

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by carlitos92jose, Jan 9, 2016.

1. carlitos92jose
    OP

carlitos92jose Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2010
    United States
    hello, I have an o3ds 9.2 with emunand 10.3 working perfectly, Im using a previous version of rxtool 3.0 but when i tried to install the latest version the data suit failed to install. I delete the previous rxtool folder end remplaced with the new one and created the firm folder with the .bins inside and the slot0x25KeyX file is alreadi on the root of the sd card, is strange because the older version installed fine. Now I'm trying to install the bbfc8c3 build

2. icecream

icecream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2015
    Try the nightly found here (it's a mirror, since their dropbox is locked due to generating too much traffic): http://1drv.ms/1IMVPS4

It worked for me. The previous nightly versions (also some versions floating around here) failed on data suit installation as well.

3. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    You need to put firmware.bin at the root of your SD card. That's the most common error people make.

EDIT: didn't seem like the problem.. oh well.

Last edited by Voxel, Jan 9, 2016
    rondoh70 likes this.
  4. carlitos92jose
    OP

carlitos92jose Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2010
    United States
    Thanks this version installed fine, it seems that the newer version have a bug or something. Thank you

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

that was not the problem because the newer rxtool doesn't need the firmware.bin on the root, the firmware is now on /txtool/firm folder

5. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    That's weird... I always needed to put firmware.bin at the root. :/