Hacking Running Virtual Console titles on vWii.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Do you have any idea of why i get the error code 20109 when trying to play a wiiware game online?

I think I read somewhere than emuNAND + wiiware = offline play if the emuNAND don´t got a genuine wii key tied to it, but since this is my vwiis NAND I thought that it would work without a problem!
That might be the case. Seems like I've seen someone else mentioning having a similar problem. I actually have never even tried online with WiiWare now that you mention it, though.

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That might be the case. Seems like I've seen someone else mentioning having a similar problem. I actually have never even tried online with WiiWare now that you mention it, though.

Try and see if it works out for you!

It´s not a big problem though, the few WiiWare games that I got whom support Wi-Fi are easlily fitted onto the real NAND aswell as the VC titles that don´t run good in emuNAND.

One last thing, how do you set USB Loader GX not to load all channels in the start? I want it to only show my Wii, WiiWare and VC games and not WiiFlow, Wii U menu etc.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Try and see if it works out for you!

It´s not a big problem though, the few WiiWare games that I got whom support Wi-Fi are easlily fitted onto the real NAND aswell as the VC titles that don´t run good in emuNAND.

One last thing, how do you set USB Loader GX not to load all channels in the start? I want it to only show my Wii, WiiWare and VC games and not WiiFlow, Wii U menu etc.
Well, there's a button near the top left that selects what you do and don't want to see (GC games, Wii games, real NAND, emuNAND ... ) You'll need to uncheck the real NAND first, just to be safe.
you can then go to anything that you're never going to actually run from emuNAND like Wii U menu and WiiFlow, select the channel, go to the settings, go to the uninstall menu (last one ?) and remove it. That should delete it off of your emuNAND.

If you want to do the same thing with real NAND, though, it's a little more complicated since you don't really wanna go deleting something off of your real NAND. What you'd do it create a category (call it "hidden' if you like) and then add to it everything that you don't want to show up. You'd then to to where it tells you which categories to show and you click in it's checkbox a few times until it has an X in the box. That will then hide everything that's in that category.

(unfortunately, I've only seen this process described, haven't actually done it myself so I don't know exactly how to create a category in USBLoader GX ... but I kinda remember seeing something about it, also near the top left. I'd hope it's fairly self explanatory :wink: )

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there's a button near the top left that selects what you do and don't want to see (GC games, Wii games, real NAND, emuNAND ... ) You'll need to uncheck the real NAND first, just to be safe.
you can then go to anything that you're never going to actually run from emuNAND like Wii U menu and WiiFlow, select the channel, go to the settings, go to the uninstall menu (last one ?) and remove it. That should delete it off of your emuNAND.

If you want to do the same thing with real NAND, though, it's a little more complicated since you don't really wanna go deleting something off of your real NAND. What you'd do it create a category (call it "hidden' if you like) and then add to it everything that you don't want to show up. You'd then to to where it tells you which categories to show and you click in it's checkbox a few times until it has an X in the box. That will then hide everything that's in that category.

(unfortunately, I've only seen this process described, haven't actually done it myself so I don't know exactly how to create a category in USBLoader GX ... but I kinda remember seeing something about it, also near the top left. I'd hope it's fairly self explanatory :wink: )

I know about the show Wii games, emuNAND, NAND etc but if I for an example unmark the NAND channels and restart USB Loader it´s all back.

I probably missed something obvious :).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I know about the show Wii games, emuNAND, NAND etc but if I for an example unmark the NAND channels and restart USB Loader it´s all back.

I probably missed something obvious :).
That's odd. I thought it remembered that setting ... guess I was wrong

Anyway, at least there's always the option to use the category method to hide those channels, too. Might remember that setting. You could, perhaps, also use the lock near the top right. It's supposed to prevent settings changes.

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. I thought it remembered that setting ... guess I was wrong

Anyway, at least there's always the option to use the category method to hide those channels, too. Might remember that setting. You could, perhaps, also use the lock near the top right. It's supposed to prevent settings changes.
since you guys are talking about have to use a emunand on a vwii. Can you tell me how step by step?

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
since you guys are talking about have to use a emunand on a vwii. Can you tell me how step by step?

If you follow this thread you probably find exactly how, I pretty much did everything Maxternal told me to do :P.

Anyway, just choose the Extract NAND option in WiiFlow and open that NAND in ShowMiiWads and install the WADs (WiiWare or VC) of your choice.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
just a heads up there is no need to make the emunand sneek or neek compatable. you only need this for normall wii as its boots the nand (which would change your system menu exc to how you made it). where as using it on vwii it doesnt because it cant yet. wiiflow/usbloadergx will boot the games and return to the loader with out the need for sneek or neek2o. create a nand via modmii (keep it simple with plain skins and latest firmware exc) or use wiiflow (or any other means) on an original wii to copy nand.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to http://www.b2cmall.us//

where is the most popular Panthers online shop.

((( http://www.b2cmall.us/ )))

lower price fast shippment with higher quality!!

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

im sorry but i didnt see anything to do with the wii u in your link!!! nor the wii u key!!!1 soooo why post it here douche bag??

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
im sorry but i didnt see anything to do with the wii u in your link!!! nor the wii u key!!!1 soooo why post it here douche bag??
it's an ad-bot/spam-bot. Every once in a while a user is created with "malls" in the name that repeatedly posts the same post in every single thread before it gets caught, banned and it's posts deleted. Just report and ignore.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a heads up there is no need to make the emunand sneek or neek compatable. you only need this for normall wii as its boots the nand (which would change your system menu exc to how you made it). where as using it on vwii it doesnt because it cant yet. wiiflow/usbloadergx will boot the games and return to the loader with out the need for sneek or neek2o. create a nand via modmii (keep it simple with plain skins and latest firmware exc) or use wiiflow (or any other means) on an original wii to copy nand.

For me the ModMii NAND did not work.

Also your forced to make the NAND sneek or neek compatible in ModMii.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
For me the ModMii NAND did not work.

Also your forced to make the NAND sneek or neek compatible in ModMii.

ye modmii will ask to create one compatable with sneek or neek2o so go for sneek+di but after theres no need to actually set up the rest of sneek or neek after the process of making the nand. the only thing i could suggest is to remake another nand using modmii and try keep it simple i.e with a white back ground menu and on 4.3e (region doesnt matter really). im not sayin this would solve the issue. but also maybe try a game that definatly works!! i.e bubble bobble plus for instance

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ye modmii will ask to create one compatable with sneek or neek2o so go for sneek+di but after theres no need to actually set up the rest of sneek or neek after the process of making the nand. the only thing i could suggest is to remake another nand using modmii and try keep it simple i.e with a white back ground menu and on 4.3e (region doesnt matter really). im not sayin this would solve the issue. but also maybe try a game that definatly works!! i.e bubble bobble plus for instance

Trust me, I tried with multiple NANDs from ModMii and they all ended up freezing my system.

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's an ad-bot/spam-bot. Every once in a while a user is created with "malls" in the name that repeatedly posts the same post in every single thread before it gets caught, banned and it's posts deleted. Just report and ignore.

By the way is it normal for a game to freeze when played on emuNAND?

Played World of Goo and about half an hour into the game the game froze when it was going the reload a level I failed.

So I had to pull the cord and now that game don´t work (when starting it I get stuck att the "tighten you wriststrap" screen and must once again pull the cord.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way is it normal for a game to freeze when played on emuNAND?

Played World of Goo and about half an hour into the game the game froze when it was going the reload a level I failed.

So I had to pull the cord and now that game don´t work (when starting it I get stuck att the "tighten you wriststrap" screen and must once again pull the cord.

what are you running them from hard drive or sd card? i used a hard drive and some games have crashed but then worked fine after second time round. some hard drives go too sleep when they are not needed to load

Henkow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what are you running them from hard drive or sd card? i used a hard drive and some games have crashed but then worked fine after second time round. some hard drives go too sleep when they are not needed to load

I´m using a SD Card.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
do you no what klusters bytes your sd card is formatted too? im not sayin it does matter but with DIOS MIOS kluster bytes matter and im guessin it could also be the same for wiiware games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.