Running SSBB with Flatmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noctune, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009

Running SSBB with Flatmii by noctune at 10:31 PM (1,230 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. noctune
    OP

Newcomer noctune Newbie

United States
    I have a 3.3u NTSC Wii with NO homebrew stuff installed. It's pretty much the Wii and the flatmii.

And I'm having problems running SSBB. I've got here two ISOs, one of 8.3GB (which should include the whole game) and one of 4.5GB (which should include everything except the videos). Anyway, everytime I try booting one of them (be with the autoboot feature or not) I get a black screen saying that there was an error.

Anybody can give me some advice?

And on a side note, I'm also having problems with a slight buzzing sound and some horizontal white and black lines running upwards on the screen whenever the flatmii usb cable is connected. One guy on wiinewz suggested it might be a problem with the grounding on the outlet my PC is connected or the PSU on my PC. Has anyone experienced this before? Can it damage my Wii?

Thanks in advance!

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sounds like you tried to launch the 4.5GB - trucha signed version. In 3.3, this will be rejected because the system IOS has been patched to reject fakesigned content.

The full 8gig version should be fine... or depending on your setup, you might be able to launch the shrunk one from Gecko OS / softchip / gamma

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    You can't run trucha signed isos on firmwares above 3.2.

Is your 8.3GB iso a scrubbed release? (I suspect it is, which would mean it's also trucha signed)

And the 4.5GB DVD5 release is definitely scrubbed and modified (hence trucha signed, that's how they made it into DVD5 version).

I think your only solution is downgrading to 3.2, or if flatmii allows booting of games from gecko OS (i got no idea), you can try that.

EDIT: didn't realize I was a bit late in typing this message, but it might still help [​IMG]

4. Zoulpain

Newcomer Zoulpain Member

Norway
    Flatmii can run scrubbed and non-scrubbed games .. If a game wont load, .. error 001-002, white screen or black screen .. use GeckOS channel with 002 fix .. click me

5. SenorClean

Australia
    You don't have to fakesign a disc to scrub it!

Scrubbed games work fine in 3.4 from the disc channel.

6. noctune
    OP

Newcomer noctune Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll have to softmod my Wii after all. I was hoping Flatmii itself would be enough.

Gonna go read some guides since I still need to buy an SD card and a reader.

EDIT: oh, wait. If I simply downgrade will flatmii work like always? Will I have to install updates?

7. Zoulpain

Newcomer Zoulpain Member

Norway
    FlatMii will still work.

My setup is 3.3E PAL Wii + FlatMii & GeckOS Channel w/002 FiX

Iv tested 60 isos from PAL,NTSC/U and NTSC/J .. all runs.

8. SenorClean

Australia
    You don't have to softmod anything - just use the fixed gecko OS... OR the full iso.

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Are you sure?

I thought they did, but I could very well be wrong. Well, if you've tested it yourself, then I believe you [​IMG] thanks for the heads up !