Hacking Running/signing games

potatis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does the signature system work on a 3ds? If I dump a game or download it unofficially, it will not show up if I boot up a stock firm. If I, however, buy a game from the eshop, it does. Installing a ticket for a game that I haven't bought does not work either. Is it possible to make unifficial games show up when booting a stock firm?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think things like CIAngel or tikshop do this. However, I never kept up with those tools so I may be wrong.
I do know that legit CIAs only need kernel access for installation, not runtime, because they are signed for all 3DSes

potatis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think things like CIAngel or tikshop do this. However, I never kept up with those tools so I may be wrong.
I do know that legit CIAs only need kernel access for installation, not runtime, because they are signed for all 3DSes
No, ciangel at least does not work

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install "legit" tickets/CIAs for the few games that came pre-installed on a device. Otherwise it is just what comes pre-installed on your console or legally obtained from the eShop.

If it a game/title does not have a valid signature, it will not show up on stock firmware, period.

Reactions: Quantumcat

slasso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question. I am a noob here. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I do not think I need to make a separate topic for this.

If I make an install of a legit cartridge, if I revert to stock, I will not be able to play the game?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you spoof these signatures? What actually is the signature and where is it stored?
No, you can't spoof signatures and the only way to generate a valid one would be to gain possession of Nintendo's private key.

Sighax works because the signature parser in the bootrom has a major flaw. This flaw is not shared in the 3DS firmware.

I have a similar question. I am a noob here. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I do not think I need to make a separate topic for this.

If I make an install of a legit cartridge, if I revert to stock, I will not be able to play the game?

Cartridges aren't meant to be installed, so no, it won't have a valid signature when installed and will only work in a CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: