PS1/2 Running PS2 ISOs

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I watched this vid showing a guy opening the lid of his PS2 Slim and he was able to switch out a commercial disc when the light inside flashed or something like that.

I was wondering if the same could be done with a PS2 fat, because I don't have any type of cheating device to softmod my PS2, and I was just wondering if this would work.

Also, does anyone know these harmful effects of looking into the light? Is it worse than playing too close to your Wii?

Thanks
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
saison said:
Alright, I watched this vid showing a guy opening the lid of his PS2 Slim and he was able to switch out a commercial disc when the light inside flashed or something like that.

I was wondering if the same could be done with a PS2 fat, because I don't have any type of cheating device to softmod my PS2, and I was just wondering if this would work.

Also, does anyone know these harmful effects of looking into the light? Is it worse than playing too close to your Wii?

Thanks
smile.gif

One of the easiest ways is a SwapMagic disk and a swap tool. You need to mod your PS2 slightly by removing the front plate but once its off you just load swapmagic, follow on screen instructions, use the swap tool to put your PS2 back-up/bootleg disk in and it should load up.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do end up softmodding, I can't really purchase anything because I don't have transportation. Right now I'm looking up a method of running McBoot on that site Jax provided.

I'm looking at this PS2 Game Swap Trick.

Anybody that probably knows more about this than me can reccomend me a way of softmodding my PS2?

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
saison said:
If I do end up softmodding, I can't really purchase anything because I don't have transportation. Right now I'm looking up a method of running McBoot on that site Jax provided.

I'm looking at this PS2 Game Swap Trick.

Anybody that probably knows more about this than me can reccomend me a way of softmodding my PS2?

If you have a friend with any of the installation DVDs like Swap Magic, Gameshark or Code Breaker, you don't need to buy anything.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The swap trick that replaces a .elf file on the disc should work, but it may damage your ps2. It's your choice.

Jamstruth said:
saison said:

Thanks
smile.gif

One of the easiest ways is a SwapMagic disk and a swap tool. You need to mod your PS2 slightly by removing the front plate but once its off you just load swapmagic, follow on screen instructions, use the swap tool to put your PS2 back-up/bootleg disk in and it should load up.

With Swap Magic, you don't need a swap tool. Swap Magic even allows running ps2 homebrew(for example Open PS2 Loader) on backwards compatible ps3s.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like Swap Magic is heaven, lol. Well, unfortunately nobody I know has a PS2, or a Swap Magic disc
frown.gif

EDIT: Also, so can anybody answer my initial question?

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a modified case for your Fat that has a flip top you can use to swap discs, but if you are going to spend the money on that you might as well just buy another 8mb card and have someone install FMCB on it.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riight, so anybody know if this method works on my fat PS2? The guy didn't use any Swap Magic or anything, he just swapped the commercial disc with his burnt disc when the light flickered.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With freemcboot, you don't even need to swap discs once set up. You patch your iso with the ESR patching tool (google it) and it basically patches the iso into a dvd video format so it tricks the ps2 thinking its a dvd video disc but instead loads the game.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
doing that method of disc swapping isnt recomended and it will damage your ps2, your better off getting the memcard exploit going and loading games up on a hdd =]
That's how I have my 2 set up. Both V9's one with a 160GB Maxtor and one with a 40GB Seagate for my son. The ESR trick is the best for backups discs since no swapping is needed without a modchip.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get a gameshark that comes with the flashdrive from ebay.cost me like 15 bucks.install freemcboot and a old hdd.works great and no wear and tear on ur laser. it is by far the best solution.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESR trick? As for a GS, I'd doubt it. I'd have to haggle my parents just to use their PayPal acc.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just open the console that's what I did to my fat just cracked it open did the 007 swapdisk trick, with my edited 007 disk and installed from 1Gb flash drive put console back together and sorted

Have hacked a few other memory cards for other peoples ps2's with the same console haven't tried hdd loading mainly disk loading was my goal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1