Hacking Running GBA Roms (no Advance Support)

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have got a EZ-Flash 3-1 for my CycloDS Evo so I could play some GBA roms but I have run into some problems!

I thought I would need to copy on some sort of GBA complier to get the ROM's to work but I read on the CylcoDS site that the beta GBA support on the Evo had been improved and that you could run the games direct now (obv using the EZ flash).

So I have copied on some GBA games onto my MicroSD and loaded up CycloDS expecting to find "GBA Advance Support" in the settings but its not there.

I thought that perhaps it had been taken out in the new release (as it was a beta in 1.4) so I went to my GBA directory and there isn't any games showing up.

SO I was wondering what I needed to do and if this was normal because the CycloDS manual does state that there should be a a setting for it you can turn on / off. Have I got a duff card or something because I read that you shouldn't have to patch the ROM's anymore??

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the_rhino_uk said:
Cool, that did the job thanks!

Is this normal then?
I believe it only happens if you disabled GBA support prior to updating your firmware, as that was the case with me. So I just downgraded the firmware, enabled GBA support, and re-upgraded and it fixed it for me.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
lol i did not understand any of that but now i really dont want to get a 3 in 1 according to all these problems

Destrado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, changing the 0 to a 1 fixed the problem. This is kind of annoying, as the very first thing I did was update the firmware thinking that that would nip many potential problems in the bud, not create entirely new ones. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT