Gaming Running Dragon Quest IX on AKAIO?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got DQIX a long time ago, and when I updated to MAIO, it never worked. So I tried messing with the rom settings, and I disabled anti piracy, and the game loaded perfectly. I played a lot, and beat it, yet I still have lots of quests to finish.

I just got MENUdo for Acekard, and it comes with AKAIO 1.8.5, and it won't load DQIX. I set anti piracy to disabled, and then I tried with enabled, and nothing.

Anyone know how I would go about fixing this issue?

EDIT: Oh, the problem: stuck on the screen with the word "Loading" in blue

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Could it be a contact problem or you didn't install the AKAIO, right? I'm not really proficient w/ flashcarts on the DS hopefully someone will be able to assist you!

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the rom, because I played it on MAIO perfectly.
I had this issue a while ago, but idk how I fixed it.

Should I try updating AKAIO?

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
There's a new AKAIO by the way, 1.8.9z and a new loader (7th March 2012; there's no version to identify the loader just by the date, this is the latest loader).

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with Dragon Quest IX and AKAIO 1.8.9z. I think the loaders are new but I'm not sure. The game itself plays okay. However, using tag mode means putting your DS into sleep mode. If I put it into sleep mode, it automatically turns off in about 15 minutes. I am aware that previous versions have had a problem with sleep mode period, but this is different--what is wrong is the fact that it turns off 15 minutes into sleep mode.

This makes using tag mode pretty much impossible. Has anyone else had this problem? The akaio people won't even accept a bug report unless it is reproduced by someone with a second Acekard.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with Dragon Quest IX and AKAIO 1.8.9z. I think the loaders are new but I'm not sure. The game itself plays okay. However, using tag mode means putting your DS into sleep mode. If I put it into sleep mode, it automatically turns off in about 15 minutes. I am aware that previous versions have had a problem with sleep mode period, but this is different--what is wrong is the fact that it turns off 15 minutes into sleep mode.

This makes using tag mode pretty much impossible. Has anyone else had this problem? The akaio people won't even accept a bug report unless it is reproduced by someone with a second Acekard.
I haven't had this problem, but I never played that game. What I really came to say is AKAIO.net will accept bug reports, but if it is, indeed a bug, then it would be reproduced on another DS. If it's not reproduced on another DS then it's not a bug, it's a personal issue. Do you see what I'm saying? My advice is make a bug report over at the akaio website, and if it's a bug, Normatt will take a look at it.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I really came to say is AKAIO.net will accept bug reports, but if it is, indeed a bug, then it would be reproduced on another DS. If it's not reproduced on another DS then it's not a bug, it's a personal issue. Do you see what I'm saying? My advice is make a bug report over at the akaio website, and if it's a bug, Normatt will take a look at it.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=479

"After reading the AKAIO WIKI at least 3 times, you must fully debug, before submitting a bug report."
"• Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you."
"Once you have tried everything above (and more) and you are 100% positive the only remaining condition is the newest AKAIO firmware and/or loaders, then please submit your bug reports."

Not only does it require you to use another Acekard like I said (it *also* says to use another DS, but using another Acekard is an additional requirement), it also has other questionable requirements; for instance, it says you are supposed to try different DMA modes even though newer AKAIO no longer supports them. The whole set of requirements is like contacting customer support for some company whose service center forces you to go through a script of 20 things up to and including reinstalling your operating system before they'll listen to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1