1. 3,135

Front-page

Rune Factory 4: Special's release is around the corner, as shown by the reveal of the game's launch date in a new trailer. XSEED will be bringing the game west to North America and Europe next month, giving players the chance to replay Rune Factory 4 on the Nintendo Switch, with new goodies and bonus content. These additions include a harder difficulty mode, and a newlywed mode, which will offer extra story content for each of the marriage candidates in town. For North America, it'll be out on February 25th, while Europe and Australia will get it--this time, without a massive delay like with the 3DS version--a few days later on February 28th. For those playing on launch, they'll have access to a DLC called Another Episode, which will be free for a month. After that, it'll be sold for $4.99.

bluedart, Justin20020, ignare and 4 others like this.
  2. Discussion (12 replies)

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    oh this is the one with that annoying dragon. i hated this the levels were so damn short, the story was uninteresting and the crafting was pretty limited and all you did was push a button and it crafts no skill involved at all. i also remember there's a gem you can't get unless you have a lvl 0 sword or something like that and it's really super annoying to get.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. James_

James_ just being a Meowstic

United Kingdom
    I should actually try out a Rune Factory game sometime.

5. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    RF4 was a great game, but I'm not gonna buy the special edition when we know that RF5 is coming too. Can not wait for that one.

6. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Day 1 buy. This is one of my favorite games ever, and especially top tier when it comes to farming kinda games.

gurgleburble likes this.
  7. JRoad

JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    My issue with this one is that there's already a pack listed on Amazon that includes RF4 and RF5. It reminds me the infamous Syberia editions 1,2,1+2,3,1+2+3. Something similar happened with Trine.

8. psued0

psued0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I've played Harvest moon on GBA and I like it but when I played Rune Factory 3 on DS it was lit AF, fast-paced dungeon crawler with a hint of fantasy RPG and much better romance mechanics. I'm looking forward to 5

gurgleburble likes this.
  9. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Good memories of this. Lookin forward to its sexi egameness

10. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

United States
    Preordered :toot:. Gotta have my physical copy.

11. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Madagascar
    :unsure: was there a DLC on the 3ds as well?

12. bluedart

bluedart GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Amazon and Best Buy were right about the 25th of February. This may be my favorite game of all time. I wonder if my Japanese save will inject into the English version for unlocking purposes. Probably, but I'm good either way.

13. HentaiHappy

HentaiHappy Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Will double dip as I bought the 4th one, and misplaced it somewhere in the storage unit. Too cold to go there now!

14. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

Until there's a mod to enable same sex marriage, or a confirmation that this "Newlywed mode" adds it, I'm gonna pass it for now. The game itself was pretty good, so if you never played the game go ahead, but there doesn't seems to have enough added content for a double dip.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Factory, Special, release