Country
Italy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Maybe people don't care because Harvest Moon is just a dead franchise that they're slowly beating into the ground. I mean, they come out with a Harvest Moon game like once a month. Whether it's farming, RPG, or puzzle, Harvest Moon just isn't what it used to be.

Also, you sound a little too interested in fictional anime girls than the actual gameplay. Smells like weaboo.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guild McCommunist said:
...Maybe people don't care because Harvest Moon is just a dead franchise that they're slowly beating into the ground. I mean, they come out with a Harvest Moon game like once a month. Whether it's farming, RPG, or puzzle, Harvest Moon just isn't what it used to be.

Also, you sound a little too interested in fictional anime girls than the actual gameplay. Smells like weaboo.

i have to agree
they are just milking the name of the franchise!
over the years i don't see any improvement on the whole harvest moon
basically is the same thing over and over again with different setup...
if someone is blunt enough, they might label harvest moon as shovelware

Kawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, I am only a "old" player of this franchise and are interested in new ideas.
I are always more interested in the story and what the hero can and can't do.
2d girl is and remain a 2d girl, only a very poor guy don't know that and I pray to remain always normal my friend.
The worst I can't do is making my girl cosplay, but is too risky and I dropped the plan.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree harvest moon is dead and releasing a terrible game every other month isn't helping to bring it back...the first DS one was playable but after that I'd honestly rather play the Imagine games!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
The main series went downhill after HM64, Rune Factory is still pretty decent. I agree that the actual HM games on the DS have been utter shite, though.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been playing Harvest Moon games since the original on the snes and Rune Factory is brilliant, its breathed new life into the series with rpg dungeon crawling and crafting. The series may have had some poorer efforts on the DS but has still been strong with, Harvest Moon 64, Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life, Harvest Moon Magical Melody, Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town, and the Rune Factories.

Ace-Killa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
RF is pretty good for adding new gameplay to the same concept, and the characters design is really nice. but this game need more events between the villagers as in original HM games, so players doesn't got bored easily in term of interaction. also, the yearly events itself feels bland and need improvement for at least like in the previous franchise... haven't anyone missed horse race, chicken sumo, swimming fest & tomato fight?

anyway i'll wait for... english release, that is. for the time being, im stickin with FoMT

Kawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3 days for Japan.
Probably a year for USA.
I hope is good and without the stupid bugs in the 1&2.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
just to keep you guys informed
smile.gif

the game should be out by tonight (a couple hours from now)

EDIT: is out

rf3.jpg

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The first Harvest Moon title I ever played was FoMT.

I thought FoMT was awesome. I loved everything about it. If they'd just taken that and added better graphics, I'd still have played it.

Then I tried A Futuristic Harvest Moon on the PSP. It was set in "the future." Which made everything fail, since it didn't particularly make sense to farm in the future.

Then there was the Island of Happiness. It didn't seem like there was anything to do in that game at all. I hated how they took out the power berry system. You had to eat things to gain energy and stamina points, but it was hard to do, seeing the restaurant wasn't open yet. Hated it.

I haven't tried any of the Rune Factory titles yet, and I'm not sure I want to, really. I'm don't want to waste my time on what might be another fail title.

Basically, the tl;dr version is that I'm not too excited about this.

MSnap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really looking forward to the localization, I will buy it when it comes out or possibly pre order it (I don't play ROMS) I started playing Harvest Moon with AWL(GC) and ive played FOMT and HMDS and Tree of Tranquility and all the Rune Factories (except 3) and id have to say they may be some of the best RPGs ive played

[K9]tough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
um guys, is this coincidence or what, comparing with the luminous arc series, they are both released on the same date, LA1 and RF1 was released on aug 14, 2007, And LA2 and RF2 on nov 18, 2008, do you think we will see rune factory 3 be released on the same as the release date of luminous arc 3?
unsure.gif
if they will be released in north america

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here