Homebrew Run mobile games (.jar) on Nintendo DS, is this real?

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I was surfing the net when I found this http://www.volny.cz/molej/pstrosnds/

This program runs .jad and .jar (same thing, but for different type of cell phone), according to the creator;

So..with this, I can really run mobile games on my DS, and play Sonic Unleashed Mobile (my favorite one XD)?
Because the readme is so confusing, ya know?

Thanks in advance guys;

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice find!

Still seems rather incomplete from what I'm reading, so I imagine Sonic Mobile will have to wait for now.

But hey, that's just my guess. Anyone test this yet?

stallonef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks legit. Where can you find free .jav games?

Tried googling it but just found a bunch of paysites.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes its REAL!

and yes some java games do work on your nds too
smile.gif

.... for reference the .jad tells the mobile device what to do with the .jar file what its vendor id is, its size, points to the icon file etc etc
smile.gif

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I cant get it to run .jar games, despite it saying clearly on the release notes that it can. I cant find any '.class' games for mobiles either
unsure.gif
So yeah anyone know how to get .jar games running on this? I want to play dmc3 3d on this thing!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kroganwrex said:
Hmm I cant get it to run .jar games, despite it saying clearly on the release notes that it can. I cant find any '.class' games for mobiles either
unsure.gif
So yeah anyone know how to get .jar games running on this? I want to play dmc3 3d on this thing!

you dont need .class files JAR files are a kinda ARCHIVE with .class files within them!

you need both the JAR and the JAD file in the same folder if you do not have the JAD you need JADMAKER (Google it) and then drag and drop the JAR file onto it and it will creat your JAD file for you!

DO NOT ASK FOR COMMERCIAL/RETAIL .jar format games or application files here! they fall under the WAREZ/ILLEGAL software category regardless of this being a console/gaming forum the RULES still apply!

2m67ei9.jpg

ggx2neo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the program a while back... And I recall needing the .Jar and a .Jad to run anything. Google Jadmaker and download it, then you can make a Jad file from a Jar file. Put both files on your card where you're supposed to put them, then run it. Just know that plenty of stuff may work, but with low fps for anything complex.

Edit: guy above me beat me to it T-T

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
If anyone wants a bit of a review (with screenshots), I blogged about this here on GBAtemp ages ago (and it was old then). Great little app. I emailed its current(-ish) maintainer probably about six months ago now and he said he had recently moved to another country, but hoped to work on this some more once he got more settled in. Fingers crossed, as a virtual keypad would be excellent for games like Doom RPG, which requires you to enter access codes, etc. Otherwise, it's excellent.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
davess said:
cell phone games suck a lot!!

over

n'

done

Some cell phones are more powerful than the DS. If it wasn't for the cramped button layout (or in the iPhone's case, buttonLESS layout), I'd like them alot more.

Anyway, I'm glad that the developer of this little project is still set on working on it. I imagine this could turn out pretty great, with work.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davess said:
cell phone games suck a lot!!

over

n'

done
The ones that try to recreate console games do, the ones that don't are mostly very good.

QUOTE(Vague Rant @ Jul 4 2009, 01:34 AM) Fingers crossed, as a virtual keypad would be excellent for games like Doom RPG, which requires you to enter access codes, etc. Otherwise, it's excellent.
Same with Wolfenstein RPG which is a better game.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I can't get this to work. I got a .jar game, ran it through JADMaker, and put the .jad and .jar files in the root, along with kvm.nds, all the .class files and all the .bin files. But when I select the .jad, it doesn't load and tells me to press A to load a class. it also says something about !nds/pstros/video/system.dsf

Is there something I'm missing? Is there something I have to do to the game first?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
OK, I can't get this to work. I got a .jar game, ran it through JADMaker, and put the .jad and .jar files in the root, along with kvm.nds, all the .class files and all the .bin files. But when I select the .jad, it doesn't load and tells me to press A to load a class. it also says something about !nds/pstros/video/system.dsf

Is there something I'm missing? Is there something I have to do to the game first?

did you accidentally extract the .jar file?

ok this is how i get them to load

place KVM.nds wherever you want on your mem card

place all your JAR and MATCHING JAD files (they have to be exactly the same name!) in a folder (I called mine mobile games to find them easy)

then to load them load KVM.nds choose the JAD file not the JAR file and press A to load it to skip through game options its mainly pressing X for the LEFT soft key of a mobile
smile.gif

and that's it really some games load some don't ...personally I'm using games for Sony Ericsson phones and they work fine not all of them but quite a lot of them
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.