run emus, roms from a dvd

RETRO_GAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i want to mod my original xbox and i want to know if i can run emus , roms burned on a dvd, directly from the dvd,
do i need to install the emus on the xbox hdd or can i have it on the same dvd with the roms

nes, snes ,genesis, n64, ps1

thanks

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Thug4L1f3 He said original Xbox.

@ RETRO_GAMER When you download your emulators their should be a number of folders and files e.g x:\\roms or x:\\default.xbe. YOu will just need to place your roms in the roms folder and any videos or artwork in the media folders, then you'll need to download a program called c-xbox to make your downloaded files into an iso. But if you look hard enough you should find a couple of emulators with full or near full rom sets already in iso

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
My bad
ph34r.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of emulators do support plain UDF and ISO9660 (although unlike XBMC they will probably be different "drives"), a whole bunch got updated the other day as well. Worst case scenario here is you have to change an ini file by hand.

Do note the xbox DVD drive is not the fastest so while you can fit the entire rom set on the root directory for many consoles I say be nice and split them up into directories. You can launch XBE files (xbox executable files) from a DVD although making a proper iso is a better proposition.
This being said the emulators are all of 20 megs a pop (on a 8 to 10 gig drive if you are running a stock drive) so I say you install them (auto install deluxe being great here) and then if you want have the roms run from the DVD do so.
Do remember that DVD is a read only medium so saves and all that could be troubling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM