Run backed up .nds files on 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NyxDusk35, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:02 AM.

1. NyxDusk35
    OP

NyxDusk35 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    United States
    (Sorry if this is the wrong forum/ already been answered)

So, I used gm9 to back up the .nds files of some Pokémon games I own physical copies of. Usually, I'd put these on my pc to run on an emulator. Is there a way to run the .nds directly on my 3ds? Like, skip the game cart altogether, as if it were a digital copy? Thanks in advance!

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
  3. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
  4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Problem with that is you can only do it for 40 games even less if you already have dsiware installed.

5. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You make it sound like there are more than 40 games worth playing on the NDS:rofl2:

AmandaRose likes this.
  6. NyxDusk35
    OP

NyxDusk35 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    United States
    UPDATE: So, I got TWiLightMenu installed, and all my roms are working nicely! I even was able to install TWLSaveTool and get the save data from my cart! Now I don't have to worry about worn-out contacts on the carts anymore!!! Thank you for your help!!

AmandaRose likes this.
  7. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Two things to keep in mind, before playing a game, check the compatibility list since not all games are supported unless you are using a flashcart on top. Second, check every now and then the nds-bootstrap main thread since that's where updates are posted and updated versions can mean more features or better compatibility.

8. NyxDusk35
    OP

NyxDusk35 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    United States
    This is so cool! If I'm running Diamond on TWiLightMenu on my 3DS, I can still communicate with HeartGold on my 2DS and trade!!! EEEE!!!

9. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Local wireless connection doesn't work for all games (check compatibility list), but most of the popular ones work. For Pokemon though you can even use that exploit from couple months ago that made it possible to once again play online (actually online like GTS, Plaza, etc.), so check that out as well if interested, all you have to do is use a WEP/unlocked access point. Anyway, thread has been answered already so let's leave it to die, we all know nds-bootstrap is amazing!