Hardware (Rumour) Wii U Specs Leaked

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNIP

Master System is more powerful than the NES, and the Dreamcast is more powerful than the PS2, it just had untaped potential!

Even with that, It still fact that Nintendo Does not always make low end hardware.

I never said they did. You think I said they did, which is why you decided to attack me.

Sorry, did not mean to be so mean. I'm just getting tired of people attacking Nintendo left and right with no real reason to. It's like a bunch of teens trying to act cool. It's annoying. Why cant people just enjoy what they enjoy and leave the other camps alone? We don't see this crap with movie lovers. The gaming industry has the opportunity to be something major with everyone and Nintendo was trying really hard to do such with the Wii and DS yet, so called "Hardcorez" gamers decided to act like an "all boys" club and decided to discourage anyone willing to give gaming a try. It's bullshit!

Reactions: 1 person

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNIP

Master System is more powerful than the NES, and the Dreamcast is more powerful than the PS2, it just had untaped potential!

Even with that, It still fact that Nintendo Does not always make low end hardware.

I never said they did. You think I said they did, which is why you decided to attack me.

Sorry, did not mean to be so mean. I'm just getting tired of people attacking Nintendo left and right with no real reason to. It's like a bunch of teens trying to act cool. It's annoying. Why cant people just enjoy what they enjoy and leave the other camps alone? We don't see this crap with movie lovers. The gaming industry has the opportunity to be something major with everyone and Nintendo was trying really hard to do such with the Wii and DS yet, so called "Hardcorez" gamers decided to act like an "all boys" club and decided to discourage anyone willing to give gaming a try. It's bullshit!

Understandable. No hard feelings ^_^ my bad at miswording. I do that sometimes

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can people say the wii U isn't as good as the competitors when we have absolutely zero information about the competitors, we don't even have confirmed wii U specs for that matter. Stop jumping to conclusions people.

probably only cuz historically nintendo has been a step behind (spec wise). I agree with you tho.

EXCUSE YOU!?

Nintendo has only been behind the competition ONCE. Lets look at the history

NES > master System
SNES > Genesis
N64 > PS1
Xbox > GameCube > PS2 > Dreamcast (in which this is barely lower than the competition)
PS3 > 360 > Wii

So don't give us that shit that Nintendo makes low end hardware! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN! Besides, even if the Wii-U ends up being the new low end device of this gen, I don't give a damn! The age of graphics is OVER. Just enjoy some good damn games and enjoy the games you like without bullshitting and bitching about other people's choices in gaming.

-And people wonder why gaming isn't widely accepted like movies. It's hard for non gamers to join in on the fun when there's people trying to force them to like the crap that they like.

I agree with almost all of what you say except:
1. I believe the DC had a higher potential than the playstation 2 but then again I could be mistaken about that
2. Don't say the age of graphics is over, it won't be over until we can walk into a room that turned into the video game and was indistinguishable from real life (yes, like the holodecks from star trek)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can people say the wii U isn't as good as the competito
rs when we have absolutely zero information about the competitors, we don't even have confirmed wii U specs for that matter. Stop jumping to conclusions people.

probably only cuz historically nintendo has been a step behind (spec wise). I agree with you tho.

EXCUSE YOU!?

Nintendo has only been behind the competition ONCE. Lets look at the history

NES > master System
SNES > Genesis
N64 > PS1
Xbox > GameCube > PS2 > Dreamcast (in which this is barely lower than the competition)
PS3 > 360 > Wii

So don't give us that shit that Nintendo makes low end hardware! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN! Besides, even if the Wii-U ends up being the new low end device of this gen, I don't give a damn! The age of graphics is OVER. Just enjoy some good damn games and enjoy the games you like without bullshitting and bitching about other people's choices in gaming.

-And people wonder why gaming isn't widely accepted like movies. It's hard for non gamers to join in on the fun when there's people trying to force them to like the crap that they like.

I agree with almost all of what you say except:
1. I believe the DC had a higher potential than the playstation 2 but then again I could be mistaken about that
2. Don't say the age of graphics is over, it won't be over until we can walk into a room that turned into the video game and was indistinguishable from real life (yes, like the holodecks from star trek)

I'm sure we will get to the age of holograms soon but right now, the arms race over graphics is over. Developers such as myself and others need to spend our time trying to create better and fun gaming experiences for the audience, not flooding you with pretty pictures that play like shit. Personally, I don't want ultra realism in my games. They take away from the fact that I play games to experience things that I can not in real life.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright with that wording I'll agree, the race to present the most extreme graphical experience has slowed significantly and now we're in the age of the DLC, otherwise known as the age more money less content

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It’s been confirmed by GTTV host Geoff Keighley that Wii U won’t support the next generation Unreal Engine 4. Keighley referred to a GDC comment from Epic CEO Mike Capps which apparently stated that Unreal Engine 4 won’t be running on Wii U. Spike TV has already announced that it was be running an Unreal Engine 4 special during E3.
... Tells me it's going to end up like the Wii.

But UE is never Nintendo Friendly I heard.
I'm pretty sure the comment people are taking as "WiiU wont have Unreal 4" was actually "We haven't determined which platforms Unreal 4 will run on as we are not that far along the roadmap. Also, WiiU will have Unreal 3"
For clarification he basically said that they couldn't confirm anything yet.

he was asked if he could give a hint,
Which Geoff replied to with a no and that at the moment only UE3 was confirmed. (at GDC)
Yes I found that out.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend and I are still trying to figure out when did Unreal 4 become some damn benchmark for the industry. Everyone needs to stop relying on one engine as if its going to be some saviour. Fact is, the industry needs multiple engine to keep from every game looking the same and from development creativity being stagnant. The average user will not care about Unreal 4. Just like the average user cares less about Havok,TEV and Unreal 3. Its only a certain segment of gamers that are hoopin and hollerin' about this engine. In the long run, users just want to play good games.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Shano56, I would like you to know that you are the specific kind of person that I hate the most, and you should really stop writing things on the internet until you're A) a little older or B) a little smarter.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minda, no need to be mean. Uninformed gamers are here for us to inform and educate them. Its only after you give them facts that you can be mad at them if they continue to be stupid.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56, I would like you to know that you are the specific kind of person that I hate the most, and you should really stop writing things on the internet until you're A) a little older or B) a little smarter.

Midna f off you have know idea what I know or how old I am. Thank you for having a brain, LightyKD.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Midna f off you have know idea what I know or how old I am. Thank you for having a brain, LightyKD.
He called you unimformed and uneducated :huh:

I'm just trying to give you advice. Maybe stop posting for a bit, and observe the way others act. it might be helpful.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm just trying to give you advice. Maybe stop posting for a bit, and observe the way others act. it might be helpful.

*giggle* Sorry, I just had to...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't want it to be extremely powerful, I want to be able to buy it without pulling too much out of my pocket and I want it to be quiet.
My PS3 is louder than the volume i set my TV to.
And if it were extremely powerful it would probably have something similar to the RRoD, I prefer the Blue Ring, which means I have mail and not that my $400 system is going to explode.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright with that wording I'll agree, the race to present the most extreme graphical experience has slowed significantly and now we're in the age of the DLC, otherwise known as the age more money less content
Yeah, graphics have pretty much reached a flatline. I think next generation graphics will be pretty much the same, except that we'll simply have more games running at 60 FPS.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want it to be extremely powerful, I want to be able to buy it without pulling too much out of my pocket and I want it to be quiet.
And if it were extremely powerful it would probably have something similar to the RRoD, I prefer the Blue Ring, which means I have mail and not that my $400 system is going to explode.
Have you ever played a Dreamcast? Ps3 may have better graphics, but dreamcast is way louder than the ps3. no contest.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Using Sony consoles as an example, I would go and say that the jump from PS1 to PS2 was far greater than from PS2 to PS3, from the perspective of what we take notice of. This jump towards the next generation consoles will simply be more of what we've seen already, with just an extra coat of polish.

Reactions: 2 people

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Have you ever played a Dreamcast? Ps3 may have better graphics, but dreamcast is way louder than the ps3. no contest.
The dreamcast was released in 1998, there's a big difference of what technology could do in 2006 compared to 1998.
Technology that the dreamcast used was a bit straining to the console and not built as good as it could of been.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes on a certain topic. I said something wrong, and got shits for it. Like I said, you don't know how much I know or how old I am, it's irrelevant anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1