Hardware (Rumour) Wii U Specs Leaked

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can people say the wii U isn't as good as the competitors when we have absolutely zero information about the competitors, we don't even have confirmed wii U specs for that matter. Stop jumping to conclusions people.

probably only cuz historically nintendo has been a step behind (spec wise). I agree with you tho.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How can people say the wii U isn't as good as the competitors when we have absolutely zero information about the competitors, we don't even have confirmed wii U specs for that matter. Stop jumping to conclusions people.

probably only cuz historically nintendo has been a step behind (spec wise). I agree with you tho.
Historically? Historically they were always the leading brand. The NES single-handedly revived the gaming industry from a great depression, the SNES was going head-to-head with the Genesis, outclassed only by the Neo Geo, and only because a Neo Geo was actually an arcade machine in a console box. The Nintendo 64 was far more powerful then the PlayStation and so was the GameCube compared to the PlayStation 2, outclassed by the XBox, but only narrowly.

Only the DS and the Wii were the consoles with which they were sloppy. Perhaps the Gameboy as well, but only at the very end of its life-cycle, and still, the Colour stood strong againts the competition.

Nintendo was *never* a designer of outdated hardware, that's a myth.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the Wii U will be more possible to act like a PC than a regular ol' Wii.

Why is this bad? The PC I'm typing this on is driving my crazy-
*whirr* *whirr*
You heard it.

You've obviously never played on a Xbox 360.

I pop in the first Mass Effect and it sounds like I'm grinding orphans into a fine red mist. It's the loudest fucking console I've ever had.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hehe you guys are so funny and know so much about video games!

yes i was talking about the wii and gamecube and the ds family. these were the last few devices from nintendo

D

Deleted_171835

yes i was talking about the wii and gamecube and the ds family. these were the last few devices from nintendo
Gamecube wasn't underpowered. In fact, it was more powerful than the PS2.

Nintendo has a different philosophy with their handheld systems. They aren't intended to be power-beasts.

So that leaves one console?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo has a different philosophy with their handheld systems. They aren't intended to be power-beasts.

So the handhelds are exempt because Nintendo have a "different philosophy"?

Like I know Nintendo usually aren't "underpowered" and it's only been a recent trend on their consoles but you can't say their handhelds were not underpowered because they have a "different philosophy". Underpowered is underpowered.

D

Deleted_171835

So the handhelds are exempt because Nintendo have a "different philosophy"?

Like I know Nintendo usually aren't "underpowered" and it's only been a recent trend on their consoles but you can't say their handhelds were not underpowered because they have a "different philosophy". Underpowered is underpowered.
Well I'm saying that their handhelds have never been beasts (just fairly powerful, GBC and GBA) so it's unfair to say that it's an example of them releasing underpowered consoles. And it makes sense that they aren't beasts considering they have had pretty much no competition in the handheld market until now.

And I could argue that the 3DS isn't necessarily underpowered for it's current price-point especially considering it's sold at a loss.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm saying that their handhelds have never been beasts (just fairly powerful, GBC and GBA) so it's unfair to say that it's an example of them releasing underpowered consoles. And it makes sense that they aren't beasts considering they have had pretty much no competition in the handheld market until now.

And I could argue that the 3DS isn't necessarily underpowered for it's current price-point especially considering it's sold at a loss.

Well it now has competition and their handhelds are, purely in specs, underpowered.

The 3DS was also sold at $250 originally. Selling it at a lower price doesn't change the specs from being "underpowered". Specs are specs and competitors are competitors. The DS is "underpowered" compared to its competitor, the 3DS is as well. Doesn't make the consoles bad or anything, it's simply fact.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Well it now has competition and their handhelds are, purely in specs, underpowered.

The 3DS was also sold at $250 originally. Selling it at a lower price doesn't change the specs from being "underpowered". Specs are specs and competitors are competitors. The DS is "underpowered" compared to its competitor, the 3DS is as well. Doesn't make the consoles bad or anything, it's simply fact.
When I say underpowered, I mean in comparison to what is considered powerful at the time with the price as a factor. If it was to a competitor, than the 360 would be considered underpowered in some aspects to the PS3 (and vice-versa). It's the same with the PS2. It wasn't as powerful as its competitors, but I don't think anyone would argue that it was underpowered. It was still a pretty powerful console.

Sure the 3DS may not be as powerful as the Vita but that doesn't mean it's underpowered. For a $169 console (launch was just Nintendo being greedy), it's powerful enough. I won't argue that the DS wasn't underpowered, though.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I say underpowered, I mean in comparison to what is considered powerful at the time with the price as a factor. If it was to a competitor, than the 360 would be considered underpowered in some aspects to the PS3 (and vice-versa). It's the same with the PS2. It wasn't as powerful as its competitors, but I don't think anyone would argue that it was underpowered. It was still a pretty powerful console.

Sure the 3DS may not be as powerful as the Vita but that doesn't mean it's underpowered. For a $169 console (launch was just Nintendo being greedy), it's powerful enough. I won't argue that the DS wasn't underpowered, though.
I agree with you except the greedy part.

If these are the specs and last pictures of the controller is final. Then all have to worry about
is price and more support from 3rd party.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ehh I guess thats what i mean. I should have phrased my OP better. I meant to say what people CONSIDER under powered when shown pure stats and numbers (ram, cpu clock speeds, etc). I've played my gamecube for DAYS AND DAYS on end, and played a PS2 all of like 10 times. I find the gamecube far superior. but thats my opinion.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

ehh I guess thats what i mean. I should have phrased my OP better. I meant to say what people CONSIDER under powered when shown pure stats and numbers (ram, cpu clock speeds, etc). I've played my gamecube for DAYS AND DAYS on end, and played a PS2 all of like 10 times. I find the gamecube far superior. but thats my opinion.

.. Gamecube still had superior specifications in terms of exactly what you describe as "pure stats and numbers", so what you've essentially said with your post is:

"I preferred Gamecube to PS2, despite the fact it had better first party games and was more powerful". Well herpity derp, I wouldn't have seen that one coming.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.. Gamecube still had superior specifications in terms of exactly what you describe as "pure stats and numbers", so what you've essentially said with your post is:

"I preferred Gamecube to PS2, despite the fact it had better first party games and was more powerful". Well herpity derp, I wouldn't have seen that one coming.

herpity derp. Nice dictionary you got there.

"I preferred Gamecube to PS2, despite the fact it had better first party games and was more powerful"
not what I said at all.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
It’s been confirmed by GTTV host Geoff Keighley that Wii U won’t support the next generation Unreal Engine 4. Keighley referred to a GDC comment from Epic CEO Mike Capps which apparently stated that Unreal Engine 4 won’t be running on Wii U. Spike TV has already announced that it was be running an Unreal Engine 4 special during E3.
... Tells me it's going to end up like the Wii.

But UE is never Nintendo Friendly I heard.
I'm pretty sure the comment people are taking as "WiiU wont have Unreal 4" was actually "We haven't determined which platforms Unreal 4 will run on as we are not that far along the roadmap. Also, WiiU will have Unreal 3"

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
It’s been confirmed by GTTV host Geoff Keighley that Wii U won’t support the next generation Unreal Engine 4. Keighley referred to a GDC comment from Epic CEO Mike Capps which apparently stated that Unreal Engine 4 won’t be running on Wii U. Spike TV has already announced that it was be running an Unreal Engine 4 special during E3.
... Tells me it's going to end up like the Wii.

But UE is never Nintendo Friendly I heard.
I'm pretty sure the comment people are taking as "WiiU wont have Unreal 4" was actually "We haven't determined which platforms Unreal 4 will run on as we are not that far along the roadmap. Also, WiiU will have Unreal 3"
For clarification he basically said that they couldn't confirm anything yet.

he was asked if he could give a hint,
Which Geoff replied to with a no and that at the moment only UE3 was confirmed. (at GDC)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EXCUSE YOU!?

Nintendo has only been behind the competition ONCE. Lets look at the history

NES > master System
SNES > Genesis
N64 > PS1
Xbox > GameCube > PS2 > Dreamcast (in which this is barely lower than the competition)
PS3 > 360 > Wii

So don't give us that shit that Nintendo makes low end hardware! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN! Besides, even if the Wii-U ends up being the new low end device of this gen, I don't give a damn! The age of graphics is OVER. Just enjoy some good damn games and enjoy the games you like without bullshitting and bitching about other people's choices in gaming.

-And people wonder why gaming isn't widely accepted like movies. It's hard for non gamers to join in on the fun when there's people trying to force them to like the crap that they like.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

EXCUSE YOU!?

NES > master System
SNES > Genesis
N64 > PS1
Xbox > GameCube > PS2 > Dreamcast (in which this is barely lower than the competition)
PS3 > 360 > Wii

So don't give us that shit that Nintendo makes low end hardware! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN! Besides, even if the Wii-U ends up being the new low end device of this gen, I don't give a damn! The age of graphics is OVER. Just enjoy some good damn games and enjoy the games you like without bullshitting and bitching about other people's choices in gaming.

-And people wonder why gaming isn't widely accepted like movies. It's hard for non gamers to join in on the fun when there's people trying to force them to like the crap that they like.
Master System is more powerful than the NES, and the Dreamcast is more powerful than the PS2, it just had untaped potential!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EXCUSE YOU!?

NES > master System
SNES > Genesis
N64 > PS1
PS3 > 360 > Wii

calm your shit buddy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc