Hardware [Rumor] Wii U release date leaked

abel009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wii-u_470x324.jpg

Nintendo's new Wii U home console launches in the US on Sunday 18th November, according to a leaked internal email from a leading Japanese retailer.
As picked up by WiiUDaily, the memo in question was circulated among staff at the Tokyo-based store before finding its way into the wild.
According to the email, a Japanese launch apparently follows a week later, though there was mention of a European date.
The original Wii launched in the US on 19th November 2006, also a Sunday, with Japanese gamers getting it two weeks later and Europe three weeks later.
Nintendo is expected to offer up more details about the launch during this year's E3 show in Los Angeles during the first week of June.

US gets it one week before Japan, says internal email.

Source

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wii released 19th November (Sunday) and Gamecube also released 18th November (also a Sunday).

Most likely true. Nintendo relies on holiday sales too much.

Reactions: 8 people

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
Late April Fools, false rumour, or true stuff?

Give me a moment, I need to think.

EDIT: Typo.

EDIT2: They better not make EU wait too much...

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this comes to be true they should also plan to realease it at a price from 299.99-349.99, anything beyond will not be purchased by many,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wii released 19th November (Sunday) and Gamecube also released 18th November (also a Sunday).

Most likely true. Nintendo relies on holiday sales too much.

like every company should
Not really, if all companies did that, there would be too much to choose from, hence less potential buyers, the more choice you have, the less chances are you'll buy something belonging to a certain company.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get one, but it all depends on price. Nintendo also needs to say what all it comes with. Remember that stunt they pulled with the Wii's launch? Zelda was obviously the biggest game, but it required a Nunchuck attachment, which was not included.) If they do something like that again, where an extra thing is required for the big launch titles, then it'll further hamper it.

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get one, but it all depends on price. Nintendo also needs to say what all it comes with. Remember that stunt they pulled with the Wii's launch? Zelda was obviously the biggest game, but it required a Nunchuck attachment, which was not included.) If they do something like that again, where an extra thing is required for the big launch titles, then it'll further hamper it.
I highly doubt that we will need another attachment for this console, since Wii U's controller includes everything, even a tv if you dont have one.....lmao

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww, if this were true it would come out the week after my birthday. (taking as a grain of salt, so I say "aww")

I was thinking early/mid October, though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that stunt they pulled with the Wii's launch? Zelda was obviously the biggest game, but it required a Nunchuck attachment, which was not included
No I don't remember that, mainly because it DID come with the nunchuck.

Reactions: 11 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

:huh: Every Wii came bundled with a nunchuck.

Edit: Hadrian ninja'd me

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Hadrian']
@[member='Wizerzak']

Dunno, but my launch unit came from Walmart, after waiting in line for 8 hours. All it had was the Wii, one Wiimote, and Wii Sports. Nothing else at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello