[Rumor] SEGA publishing The Conduit

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
  2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    No suprise there, its been said by the developers themselves that some very high end publishers were interested and all they had to do is pick the one which gave them the best deal and who would be best at putting the game out there.

I kinda thought it would be Nintendo though, they've been very supportive of this game and it would have been a nice "hardcore" title for them to show off.

SEGA seem to have a lot of good stuff for the Wii for next year and it looks like they're looking to improve. Thank god its not Ubisoft/Activision/EA otherwise we'll have a yearly sequel with each game getting worse and worse.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Very good news! I'm kind of glad it isn't Nintendo. I'm sure they'd love the bragging rights to their "core" audience, but they are probably unwilling to offer support to propel the game out to a broader audience. For them, they'd write it off as a business loss they could use to say, "hey look, we have hardcore games on Wii." But they're not going to market anything like The Conduit.

4. CockroachMan
    OP

Brazil
    Yeah, I thought it was Nintendo too since all the support they been getting.. WiiSpeak support, 16 player online multiplayer, seems like they're even supporting MotionPlus. SEGA was the last producer I could think of.

The guys from High Voltage said before that they got a lot of proposals and they choose the most supportive one.. I hope SEGA helps to promote the game , that's certainly a great addition to their lineup.

5. CockroachMan
    OP

Brazil
    IT'S OFFICIAL!

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=61035