• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,888
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP

A connected source told us that Retro Studios has been charged with creating game engines for Wii U and helping other developers implement them, involves both internal and external projects.

Apparently Retro showed off their Wii U magic to Epic Games and got them to reconsider bringing Unreal Engine 4 to the system.

http://gengame.net/2...ines-for-wii-u/

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
As Powerful as the Wii U is I'd be surprised not to see the Unreal Engine 4 or Cry Engine 3 on the system!
CryEngine 3 is already on the Wii U. As for Unreal Engine 4, Epic just didn't feel the need (at the time) to port it over to the system. If the Wii U GPU does indeed support DX11 effects, it should have no problem with UE4.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
So...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2?
Supposedly Retro's Wii U game is a new IP. Even if it isn't, it's probably not going to be DKCR2.

I'm not sure how I feel about a New IP. I like the idea of Retro Studios revitalizing Nintendo old IPs like they did with Donkey Kong. As Gahars suggested, I'm positive Retro could do wonders with other older IPs as such Metroid. Hell, we all know Metroid needs to be redeemed after the Other M incident.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'm not sure how I feel about a New IP. I like the idea of Retro Studios revitalizing Nintendo old IPs like they did with Donkey Kong. As Gahars suggested, I'm positive Retro could do wonders with other older IPs as such Metroid. Hell, we all know Metroid needs to be redeemed after the Other M incident.
Metroid isn't really an older IP. A smarter choice for Nintendo with the Metroid franchise right now is a 2D game on the 3DS. Doesn't cost as much to make and should sell okay.

Retro making a new IP should turn out nice. I mean they hired top-class designers, devs and artists from Naugthy Dog, Vigil and other studios back in 2011 so there is certainly a lot of talent there.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
I would be ok with a MetroiDonkey Kong mash up.

tumblr_m7mqrwKa331rb9wk4o1_500.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid isn't really an older IP. A smarter choice for Nintendo with the Metroid franchise right now is a 2D game on the 3DS. Doesn't cost as much to make and should sell okay.

Retro making a new IP should turn out nice. I mean they hired top-class designers, devs and artists from Naugthy Dog, Vigil and other studios back in 2011 so there is certainly a lot of talent there.

Well with Bayonetta 2 making it's debut on the Wii U, I'm hoping we may finally see a more mature IP from Nintendo that has some longevity.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are so many games that I would love to see Retro bring back (honestly, I think Retro Studios should focus on revitalizing old titles and bringing them into the 3D universe instead of new IP's). They could bring back Battletoads, Diddy Kong Racing, perhaps a new Kirby... or maybe even a new Donkey Kong game like Donkey Kong 64.

Either way, it's obvious Retro would do whatever it is, justice. Have they EVER made a bad game? And not to mention, I just found this on Wikipedia for an untitled project on the WiiU: a comment "A project everyone wants us to do"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_Studios#Games_developed

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Gateway_bryyo_dolphin_hd.jpg

I seen a picture elsewhere of Metroid Prime 3 emulated in HD through Dolphin. God, it's so beautiful. If they could do this on the Wii, imagine them on the Wii U!
Drool.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seeing how good Retro have done with there games I reckon they have earned the right to there own game. Although a new Star Fox wouldn't go a miss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters