RUMOR- Resident Evil Code Veronica remake on Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Mar 7, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Today, Capcom marketing man Matt Dahlgren hinted that Resident Evil Code Veronica might be remade on the Wii. In an interview, here's what was said:

Game Focus: One of the staff here loves Code Veronica (Fale) and was wondering if we would see a XBLA or PSN release of this game.

Matt Dahlgren: Nothing is planned for the game regarding a remake on PSN/XBLA, but what I can say is if you are a fan of Code Veronica you should pay attention in the next couple of weeks there is some news you should be very pleased with. Tell him to pay attention on the 12th (March).

He also mentioned that RE5 probably wouldn't transition well to the Wii, despite there being a fairly high demand for a Wii version. HOWEVER, he did have this to say:

"That being said, Nintendo Wii fans will be very happy very soon."

So keep an eye out during the next week for any news on a possible new RE on Wii (or remake).

http://kotaku.com/5165889/wii-to-get-resid...veronica-update

2. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    lol, that's not a very good deduction they made, but it might be plausible.

I've seen the graphics for Resident Evil 5, and there's no way you'd be able to get graphics like that onto the Wii.

Too bad I don't have a Wii console anymore...

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Everyone's seen RE5, and everyone already knows this.

But it's also pretty apparent that those gorgeous visuals are doing little to mask how similar the game is in many ways to RE4. When they revealed the very first promo trailer, people shit themselves. When they revealed the very first gameplay footage, people were more like: "Hmm...?"

Did Capcom bet on the wrong horse? Probably not. The Wii still isn't proving itself as a huge proponent for those kinds of games. Still, though critics may be dazzled by RE5, most RE fans seem to view it as the most actiony RE to date -- an almost complete departure from survival horror.

Let them make or remake an RE game from the ground up for Wii. Not a god damned rail shooter, but a honest-to-goodness RE game. People will, indeed, be very happy. If this interview is to be believed.

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    People are praising the game for being just like RE4. Personally, I think that's a good thing, seeing as RE4 is one of my favorite games ever.

PS: I really don't think the topic is titled properly... they said that Wii users "will be very happy soon", but that in no way means that it's a CV remake. It could be RE0 getting localized. It could be the rumored RE2 remake. It could be anything really.

5. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    They gave the same answer about the "news you want to hear" with a Resident Evil 2 remake question recently thrown at them. They're pretty much answering any RE-related question with that now.

6. knoxvillz

Member knoxvillz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i'm hoping that they will release english versions of the japanese wii version of RE0 and RE plus enhanced remakes of both RE2, RE3 and RE:CV. Either that or a new side story which will use the RE4 engine. I'll even be happy if they somehow got a RE2 port on the DS

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Your hopes are extremely unrealistic.

8. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Yeah, same here. This is also true for the remakes; they might do really well and become really populair, but let's face it: we want a new Resident Evil game!

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I reckon we'll see no remake for RE2 or Code Veronica. Maybe a sequel to CV or a new game.

I'm one of those who don't welcome remakes but I wouldn't mind either those to be remade as long as its with a different engine. I like those game but the controls have dated pretty badly for me.

Whatever I'm hoping for a QUALITY title like Capcoms Zack & Wiki. One that has had more development time than Dead Rising had. Also I'd like it to be at least as pretty or prettier than RE4 Wii.

10. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Personally I liked Umbrella Chronicles.
    It was like a more strategic House of the Dead.
    Though I admit the game felt more fun when I first played it then when I picked it up again recently.

Not too interested in Code Veronica really. I'd much rather see a full RE0 to 4/5 pack sometime though.

Oh and RE5 could be ported to the Wii with alot of graphics intact minus some special effects that suck anyway.
    They should just go buy the engine devkit the Conduit uses and go from there.
    RE5 needs to be on the Wii and it can't just use the RE4 engine.
    The fans will start grouping into a zombie horde and start breaking some doors down at Capcom HQ if they don't.
    Though I see the whole "this game could be racist" thing to be the bigger issue for the Wii port than just graphics and stuff.
    Gamers would be happy with a Dead Rising style bad port as long as the gameplay was intact.

11. Rainy

Member Rainy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Im gonna keep my eyes peeled [​IMG]