Rumor: Next Playstation

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rasas, Mar 28, 2012.

Mar 28, 2012

Rumor: Next Playstation by Rasas at 7:13 PM (2,915 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. Rasas
    OP

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    The Next PlayStation is Called Orbis, Sources Say. Here are the Details..

[​IMG] Source

This is bad no used games rumor again and so many other problems.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    KOTAKU rumor.

3. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Rumors are not news They're bullshit. Stop posting these rumor articles. Post facts, noobs.

6 people like this.
  4. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

PlayStation 4 is called PlayStation 4. /thread

2 people like this.
  5. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Orbis you say...

[yt]n2gzRQ5f3No[/yt]

2 people like this.
  6. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Orbis and Vita. Sounds like brothers.

I think they're into Zen Marketing and other hip things. :P

7. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Latin isn't "hip", latin is for learned people.

6 people like this.
  8. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Nah, this is lousy news and I hate the rumor. Thanks but please just move on. :)

9. Biochao

Newcomer Biochao Member

United States
    There needs to be a rumors board...

1 person likes this.
  10. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    It's called General Gaming Discussions.

This is one great bit of news. Now we know the PS4 is possibly called the Orbis. I wonder what would happen if I stated a rumor with "insider knowledge" that the next 360 is called a hummingbird. /thread.

11. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ah, the circle of life.

Its likely the codename. The development kit sites have a link with orbis in its name, but it goes to the same place as the ps3 and vita links take you to.

1 person likes this.
  12. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    So I've read the article even though I know it's all made up, but I feel like some things are worth pointing out.

Absolutely *retarded* choice, even for a rumour. XBox had fun with x86 earlier and how did it end up? Ah, right - as the second most hacked console in the universe. Using a PC CPU in a console is not the brightest of ideas. Moreover, why would you want a do-it-all CPU in a device made specifically for multimedia purposes? Not once did Sony use the x86/x64 architecture in their entire history, why would they change that now? Surely the PS4 will be designed to share a development kit similar to that of the PS3 and the Vita to be as compatible as possible. All things considered, I expect a PowerPC/Cell processor... because they're basically made for consoles. As for the GPU, I have nothing to say, but I find it a weird choice aswell. Sony is known for using proprietary GPU's in most of their hardware - this would be something new in their repertoire... but it's more probable then using an x64 CPU. :lol:

...definitely. :lol: Provided they will use a Cell CPU, and they most certainly will, I predict full compatibility with PS3 titles. The problem with PS2 backwards compatibility was a matter of differences between architectures, among other things. I doubt that the same problem will be carried over. Adding to that, they've JUST released the Vita which is "connectible" with certain PS3 titles - it's more then likely that Sony would want to preserve that connectivity.

Shut up already, that ain't gonna happen. Neither with the PS3 nor with the XBox 360.

Y'know, because Sony really doesn't like the money from people who have slow internet and really can't be bothered to connect their console or people who don't have a connection at all. Their money is dirty. We've been through this when somebody came up with the bright idea of adding serial numbers to PS3 games - it's not a good idea, it will not work and nobody's going to implement it, and that's that.

1 person likes this.
  13. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    This is rumor

14. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yeah right $ony are too stupid to come up with another name it will be called ps4 :P

15. stylow

Member stylow GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Come on PSO doesn't sound so bad .... or does it

16. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    PSO...what a POS name :P

It should be called the PSR (PlayStation Rox)!

17. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    No, they'll call it PS4 because it's the natural follow-up to the PS3 considering PS1, PS2 and PS3. In fact, PlayStation is permanently embedded in the names of their consoles - PS1, PSOne, PS2, PSP, PS-X, PS3 and now surely PS... something. More then likely 4, but Orbis could as well be the nickname. It's better then the mess Nintendo is presenting:

Nintendo Entertainment System --> Super Nintendo Entertainment System --> Nintendo 64 (why?) --> Gamecube (why?) --> Wii (why?) --> WiiU (you remembered how to name things correctly, my goodness!)

They were consistent throughout the "Boy" line of Game Boys and the Virtual Boy, consistent throughout the line of DS products, why they weren't consistent with names of home consoles is beyond me.

...but then again, it's just semantics. The name is the least important part of it to me - as long as it's designed to set the bar for others, and set it high at that, I'll be satisfied.

18. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    This an April fools joke in the making to me.

19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I thought the N64 was called that because it was 64-bit or something. I'm not too sure though.

The Gamecube was called that because it was a CUBE that played GAMES. MAKES TOTAL SENSE AND IT'S SO CREATIVE.

The Wii was called that I'm assuming because it encouraged casual gamers accessibility and togetherness through forcing local multiplayer since the online was shit great family games and gimmicks that weren't actually fun motion controls.

The Wii U is just a dumb name. "Wii", meaning "We" means togetherness or accessibility. "U" meaning "You" means it's centered around you and tailored for you specifically. So saying "the Wii U" is like calling something the "Black White" or the "Democratic Republican".

20. Rasas
    OP

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    I know it is a rumor but I dislike the idea of no BC and used games. I doubt the hardware rumors are true but the used games one might.

I didn't know rumors in the USN forum was bad I'll avoid posting stuff here in the future.